• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loss of a friend

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loss of a friend

With sadness I'm forwarding the news of the passing of Tom Jackson, known to most on here as Tom4cwb. He was a strong supporter of the grain industry. He was never afraid to stand up for farmers to get their rewards from their hard work and risk taken. I'm going to miss the discussions we had and the ideas generated from them.

That's so sad. Thanks for sharing Crusher. Gone way too soon. I'll never forget his trip to Winnipeg when Beswick talked him into going home after blocking the garbage pickup at 423 Main and initiating his hunger strike. Farmers lost a true friend.

Comment

He could certainly add posts to a thread. A guy had to be careful to engage with him. Never met him, but interesting in what he wrote here. He had gone more extra miles than many. Condolences to his family.

Comment

i spoke to him last week said he hoped to be home for a short spell. Glad i rang him now RIP

Comment

T4cwb r.i.p.

Comment

EDIT from a month ago

That is a wonderful peaceful gift Peter, my health went bad!!! All started in hindsight with covid vax reaction. In Hospital ICU Royal Alex Hospital Edmonton. They are sending me to Palliative Care ;: Heart And Lungs unoperative… shipping me out… waiting for a Palliative Bed! Been a blessed wonderful fellowship Peter, Many Blessings! Thanks again Peter for talking with me and our friendship. Not looking for sympathy! Love Tom Jackson. I will let you know when I find out what Hospital I end up in. Sincerely Tom
            ​​​​​​Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	185 Size:	40.1 KB ID:	800875​
            Last edited by Landdownunder; Aug 12, 2024, 15:33.

Comment

There was no backing down in the man whatsoever.

Comment

He was a true believer in farmers freedom to market . One on the most intelligent marketers on here
                You will be missed , rip Tom

Comment

Tom4cwb backed my bid for the CWB on a change mandate. Sent my campaign cash, not just a nod. And he could always be relied on to grist a topic.

I wish I had been aware he was not well. I am not always on Agriville.
                  Most of us would have appreciated a last conversation.

Add another to the Covid list.

With deepest sympathy to all who loved Tom.
                  Last edited by westernvicki; Aug 12, 2024, 14:32.

Comment

Think he stopped posting on agriville oh maybe Feb not sure a TOM4 quote "Had a gutful of Agriville, mirrors decline of Canada and Canadian society and morals, ruled by a minority to detriment of all they will be happy when its shut down. Many Blessings we shall keep our friendship going by others means weve got each others numbers"

Quite "prophetic" you guys have no idea the enduring friendships i have made on here.

Comment

Funeral service will be Friday, August 16 at Trinity Lutheran Church north of Lougheed.

Service at 1:30​

Comment

RIP Tom4CWB

Comment

Friggin vaccine.

Comment

I'll post the obit when/if available.

Comment

I met him at the announcement of the end of the CWB at the Walde farm.

Had a quick conversation with him. I knew of him, but he didn't know me. It was pleasant and enlightening.

You have to admit if any of us are that engaged in farming when we reach his age, we would be doing pretty good.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...