• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop report on a Thursday. Week 20

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of my peas are in the bin. They never looked great all year but were a breeze to harvest. On my best land, averaged in the high 50's. I'm anticipating a less than average crop across the board.

Comment

What proportion of the prairies is going to be above vs below average? Is it roughly eastern half vs western half, or worse than that?

Comment

I would say worse than that maybe southern Manitoba is a sweet spot but the heat and shallow roots from a wet June didn't work out.

Comment

Swathing some canola now
          the Seed Master SR on 15 in space , 3.2 lbs

Comment

Looks like three more years before the next durum party will start . . . https://www.barchart.com/stocks/quot...tudyheight=100.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
              Crop is starting to ripen up and surprise surprise the weather has turned damp and cool. Crop fought back from the summer flooding to look respectable but delayed maturity in the flooded areas has made the crop uneven which will complicate harvest.
              Ya forecast finally changed this morning. Figures

Comment

I would never go back from 10" spacing and straight cutting, haven't swathed in 3 years. Lentils just got a drink of diaquat. The Durum and canola just letting those beans ripen on the vine.

Comment

Each area is different, we straight cut about 60% and would never go back from 15 in spacing

Comment

High 50s on peas is a bumper in our area. Ours are running mid 30s and flat from storm last week. They never had a drop of rain in 47 days so weren’t expecting much better although the stand was there for 50. Having to cut them like lentils. Oh well only picked one rock so far in feeder. Rain today so no go till prob tomm.

Comment

ours are in Day 6 since desiccated and no they aren't ready. Rain chance today and Monday and Tuesday. Its a shop rip out wall kind of day.

Comment

This season looks like it is in overdrive. Rain or frost soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                          ours are in Day 6 since desiccated and no they aren't ready. Rain chance today and Monday and Tuesday. Its a shop rip out wall kind of day.
                          Lentils I assume? The reds are standing nice however the small greens turned into a flat carpet. Have two different neighbours same issue combining in one direction, haven''t got into them yet but I suspect I'll be doing the same.
                          Last edited by biglentil; Aug 18, 2024, 05:57.

Comment

Let me get this straight now....$1 million land or $150 land rent, $1 million combines with 50' heads, $40 dollar an hour hired help harvesting a 1200 lbs crop of lentils worth $0.50 a lbs, picking it up one way.....how does this math work out? How did we get here?

I'm not sure who thought a crop and all the perilous things that can happen to it, plus all the twists and turns of a world market place was going to pay for all this or better yet....SCIC be depended on to pay for it.

Comment

Bad storms last night . Large hail and 2-4 inches of rain. 20 miles from us. Some crops I would take the hail this year , ie . Canola.

Comment

No rain here in 45 days, some land hasn’t seen it for 55.

Patiently waiting for the white combine. Sooner or later will have to go get what’s out there.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...