• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop report on a Thursday. Week 20

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of our seasonal hired help is a actual B pressure welder. Makes beautiful welds. I'm a farmer welder I don't care what it looks like.

At crunch time when something breaks down and requires welding, I used to send him back to do it so I could keep working. We now do it the other way around since it takes 10 times longer for him to get everything set up perfect and looking perfect, and I usually have to redo it in the end when it breaks again to make it farmer strong instead of beautiful.

Comment

If you can’t tie nots tie lots.

if you can’t weld, weld lots.

Comment

I am so done with this heat, after yesterday I can’t wait for winter. Thirty, thirty, and some forty’s is all it’s been all summer. Everything turned white yesterday. At a certain time it looks like the cereal fields are cotton. It will the lowest production yr on our farm in decades.

For those of you who are just “happy” with your crop and getting bumper yields quit belly aching, you have no idea how this affects your mind and body to go through what we are.

We are going through the motions and yet some are never happy, at the end it’s never enough. Hate to say but some need out there need a hard reality check.

Most here can’t wait for this to be over. Unfortunately we won’t get the white combine. Most and likely all cereals will be feed. Barley has no weight, neighbour did some … 40 lbs.

As the saying goes “next yr country”.
        Wonder how many want to keep playing this game?

Comment

If you have ever served a sentence in the canuckistanian job market, then you understand why the bid button is being pushed at the land auction.

Comment

Well I don’t know ajl, cn is usually hiring and they pay rails around 150 so that’s not too bad.

Comment

Never in my life seen a wage earner lose money .
              will happen again on many farms this year . Insurance or not

Comment

A grinder and paint makes a farmer the welder he ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                  A grinder and paint makes a farmer the welder he ain't.
                  Or like most equipment these days, spot weld, then get out a tube of that "filler" silicone, and lay a nice bead and then paint it!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...