• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purely Canada Foods Corp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    are you really suggesting this whole process where were vulnerable to so many companies is a liberal thing? Cmon time to admit both the cons and liberals have failed us farmers not only on this but as I mentioned our safety programs. I contacted a buyer for lentils yesterday who informed me if i sold I d have to wait 2 weeks minimum for payment tell me what other business operates this way in a legal fashion? I have no way of knowing this company has outstanding payments for months or what the hell they have going on.

Absolutely both sides are guilty, I have clearly pointed that out with my disgust in Bill Boyd and other issues.
    but the Liberals and NDP are no better , and is there a connection this this fiasco is all I was asking
    iceman seems to know

Comment

Here is something to think about as you harvest your crop remember the BTOshave the same as you and higher costs so how healthy is their financial picture?

Investors want profit, not losses.
      Investors need to get fed.

Investors pull the pin fast when its a money pit.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
        [url]https://www.reddit.com/r/saskatchewan/comments/1ff74di/monette_farms_sues_embattled_purely_canada/?rdt=39586[/url]

Bandit on your 6

Iceman
        I read the post. It is going to be pretty difficult to realize on the mortgage if it was actually just put in place in late August.

There is an argument about doing due diligence before agreeing to the loan. Plus there usually is a requirement to be alittle accomodating before pursuing legal action. Which it appears neither were done.

If this was a financial institution rather than a private mortgage, I could see it being tossed out for another 12 to 18 months with the Judge telling the parties to work it out.

Comment

are you really suggesting this whole process where were vulnerable to so many companies is a liberal thing? Cmon time to admit both the cons and liberals have failed us farmers not only on this but as I mentioned our safety programs. I contacted a buyer for lentils yesterday who informed me if i sold I d have to wait 2 weeks minimum for payment tell me what other business operates this way in a legal fashion? I have no way of knowing this company has outstanding payments for months or what the hell they have going on.
          Lots of industries work on delayed payment. Oil patch used to be 6 months. It may have tightened up to 3 months now.

Your input supplier usually gives you terms. Most of the trades or contractors. You don't pay a plumber or electrician as they are packing up their tools do you?

Comment

Try getting paid for any government work in 2 weeks if you are a contractor.

Few small contractors can afford to wait.

Comment

what about this news

Comment

Sheesh, the honour system is falling apart. When a seed plant takes your product in, it is processed, shipped and takes a long time to get to Srilanka, get unloaded and payment made. If they are cash-strapped they might be waiting for payment. Small plants usually are good payers and you know them personally but once they get gigantic, who has the cash on their pocket to back that volume?

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Lots of industries work on delayed payment. Oil patch used to be 6 months. It may have tightened up to 3 months now.

Your input supplier usually gives you terms. Most of the trades or contractors. You don't pay a plumber or electrician as they are packing up their tools do you?
                  Oil companies make grain companies look like saints.

I have done business with both, and there is no comparison.

30 days was non-existent,

45 was a unicorn,

60 was hopeful

90 was expected

180 was common

Invoicing after project completion, which often took 3-6 months.

Debt write-offs in 5 years exceeded what most farms and almost all will ever experience.

No regulation and insurance is unavailable.

The oil patch was a great experience and served me well, but the grain industry is far, far, far more upstanding.

Comment

Ahhh too bad Cargills woke policy to please their handlers bit them in the ass. There is no honor among thieves.

Comment

Play with fire, you’ll get burned.

Comment

Don't worry about Cargill.
                        They are always there to pick over the carcass when things go bad and start to stink.
                        Buy low, Sell high.
                        Commodities.
                        Grain, Fertilizer, Meat packing, Shipping, and who knows what else in places like Ukraine and South America where cash is king.

Comment

Re: oil companies
                          I only work for majors, because I know they will still be around in 6 months
                          Used to be 6 months but we are now 60 days, and that still takes spending discipline
                          Invoice weekly as progress invoices, rather than one final end of project invoice, to maintain cash flow, money comes weekly after the initial 60 day wait

Comment

So you guys are owed 100,000, 300,000, 500,000 dollars by the oil companies and you wait 90 days?
                            And which input supplier can I just drive in fill up my trailer with inputs and drive out? because the ones here all have all your land and even your pets that the immigrants dont eat tied up in security agreements???? please list these places

And since we plant our crops in may and sell in august and after were already waiting for payment of our work, meanwhile the input provider is charging us interest, perhaps we should be asking interest on money owed to us?
                            Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 13, 2024, 20:36.

Comment

So you guys are owed 100,000, 300,000, 500,000 dollars by the oil companies and you wait 90 days?
                              And which input supplier can I just drive in fill up my trailer with inputs and drive out? because the ones here all have all your land and even your pets that the immigrants dont eat tied up in security agreements???? please list these places

And since we plant our crops in may and sell in august and after were already waiting for payment of our work, meanwhile the input provider is charging us interest, perhaps we should be asking interest on money owed to us?
                              My consulting business did not have equipment and we routinely had A/R between 250 to 500 and upwards of 750. Uninvoiced WIP ran 250 to 500.

Service Cos with equipment would be much greater.

There are many examples of success breaking companies.

Bad debt from private and public cos into the 6 figures over 5 years.
                              Last edited by wheatking16; Sep 13, 2024, 20:45.

Comment

And what is the revenue of that oil company?pretty much guaranteed correct? what is the net worth? i suspect multiple millions more than the grain cos we re dealing with. Our guarantee is limited to a bond that who knows covers what? And what is your actual cost to submit a bill of 750 for consulting in other words what are you out if they dont pay?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...