• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purely Canada Foods Corp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear Herc;

Beef has two major players. Net margins as high as 82% have been logged in this industry.

Grain industry margins are the result of competition.

For instance, let's consider the current export pea bid. Most bids are between 9 and 10$ dollars for export, while domestic fractionation peas are bid at a dollar higher. This example illustrates the price gaps that exist in the industry.

Ukraine sold peas at 240 USD/mt delivered; you do not need to understand the full gamut of costs in this number to know it will not work for Canadians.

For the industry to be diverse it is necessary to support a diverse marketplace.

Without diversity not only do we have widening margins, but we have reduced cropping choices.

It's no secret to the value-add sector that the USA is after investment in agribusiness companies can easily move! The carbon tax alone adds a burden of non-competitiveness in processing and distribution.

The farmer protection system of license and bonding is not bankable and never was.

Why do we need to have all this damage before we change an antiquated and ineffective system?

Comment

Has anyone looked into ABVE insider trades?

Iceman out

Comment

because the same dumb ass farmers, associations and protective companies that defeated it would kill it all the same.
        Kudo's for saying that out loud.

Comment

iceman... how do we find that out?

Comment

I looked no information available, typically 180day hold on shares from an IPO.

Comment

Anymore news on this?

Lionel scowling the earth for more dumb investors?

Iceman

Comment

Well the latest is Monettes are going after Purely and KF Farms over 2.5 million owed and trying to foreclose on the Avonlea grain terminal somehow

Comment

Getting Yellowstone ish

Comment

Not good for our industry, the world is watching, this is the very bad downside to no regulations it all sounds good to say gov is all bad but there has to be some oversight long over due on the entire buy and sell thing, as well as the screw job from store prices to farm prices. Canola oil is same as when canola was 20 bucks??? on a side note a farmer from Ontario made a claim that he doesnt care about the China thing because the crushers in Ontario pay more than the ones out west is this actually true or some BS?

Comment

Originally posted by JankoFarms View Post
                      Well the latest is Monettes are going after Purely and KF Farms over 2.5 million owed and trying to foreclose on the Avonlea grain terminal somehow
                      I highly doubt they are coming after KF.

Comment

Was GFI up for auction? What auction house?

Comment

FTI consulting Canada was appointed as receiver by the Ontario superior court for GFI

Comment

[url]https://www.reddit.com/r/saskatchewan/comments/1ff74di/monette_farms_sues_embattled_purely_canada/?rdt=39586[/url]

Bandit on your 6

Iceman

Comment

Hmmm , a liberal connection ?

Comment

are you really suggesting this whole process where were vulnerable to so many companies is a liberal thing? Cmon time to admit both the cons and liberals have failed us farmers not only on this but as I mentioned our safety programs. I contacted a buyer for lentils yesterday who informed me if i sold I d have to wait 2 weeks minimum for payment tell me what other business operates this way in a legal fashion? I have no way of knowing this company has outstanding payments for months or what the hell they have going on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...