• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purely Canada Foods Corp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westernvicki View Post

Indeed, it is a valid question. I guess the quick answer is because it is your property, and there is a risk in the trade you need to cover.

I will ask you a question in return: Why would they want to risk doing business in Canada when they can invest in the USA, where the farmer will purchase their own insurance to cover the risk? There is no carbon tax, less employment costs, lower operational costs, and less competition.
    In fact when I dump the grain in the pit its not my property.

I cant say that I know the US system so I cant comment on that other than to say pretty petty to bring up Carbon Tax as an issue? hahaha although in some ways It is an issue bu not related to getting your money, the more I research the more it is a fact if we do not have some sort of carbon pricing we will be getting less for our product or in fact some countries will not purchase our product at all.

I dont think insurance is the answer also I simply replied it shouldnt be another added on cost to us. I think perhaps instead of a failed agristability in fact corrupt agristability perhaps that money could go to some monetoring and some sort of funds perhaps loans to these processors simular to a cash advance where these companies have loans with fed and prov gov and can then pay our money at delivery, those loans would only be given to companies with required financial standing. That way somebody definately would be watching whats going on and wouldnt be another burden on us farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

Who pays it then?
      The buyer? His costs worked into bid. It's your $ you're protecting. Who pays your car insurance?
      Who would you like to pay it and with what from where?
      I'm having trouble following along.
      I dont actually think another insurance bill to the farmer is the answer actually.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

I dont actually think another insurance bill to the farmer is the answer actually.
        It is you that wants protection. This isn't lala land.

Time to put on your big girl panties.

If you don't like the terms offered, sell your grain to someone who offers acceptable terms. That's business.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

It is you that wants protection. This isn't lala land.

Time to put on your big girl panties.

If you don't like the terms offered, sell your grain to someone who offers acceptable terms. That's business.
          OH my mr smart ass returns have you not been listenning to whats happenning? The specialty crop industry is gonna take a major hit because of the lack of over sight by current and former govs. Ask anyone if theyre comfortable selling and waiting for payment???? doing nothing as you suggest will destroy markets for many commodities great idea dim whit;.

Comment

OH my mr smart ass returns have you not been listenning to whats happenning? The specialty crop industry is gonna take a major hit because of the lack of over sight by current and former govs. Ask anyone if theyre comfortable selling and waiting for payment???? doing nothing as you suggest will destroy markets for many commodities great idea dim whit;.
            So I have been farming for over 35 years. Pulse crops usually have payment about 2 weeks but there are options out there for faster payment.

Use them if that is what you want. If enough people do it the industry changes how they pay or they go out of business.

Your constant whining solves nothing princess.

Comment

Hahahaha Have you not seen that status quo is not working? This is a discussion about positive changes that can increase the specialty industry isnt it? When you worked at the bank did you have to buy insurance so that your employer actually paid you your wage?lmao Typical example of how we as an industry have been brainwashed into believing that we as farmers should pay for every cost there is even the cost of getting paid and take all the risk all the way through the process its actually very almost pathetic. Have some balls and stand up for the industry maybe!!!

Comment

If this were any other product than grain. How do they do it?

Comment

In fact when I dump the grain in the pit its not my property.

I cant say that I know the US system so I cant comment on that other than to say pretty petty to bring up Carbon Tax as an issue? hahaha although in some ways It is an issue bu not related to getting your money, the more I research the more it is a fact if we do not have some sort of carbon pricing we will be getting less for our product or in fact some countries will not purchase our product at all.

I dont think insurance is the answer also I simply replied it shouldnt be another added on cost to us. I think perhaps instead of a failed agristability in fact corrupt agristability perhaps that money could go to some monetoring and some sort of funds perhaps loans to these processors simular to a cash advance where these companies have loans with fed and prov gov and can then pay our money at delivery, those loans would only be given to companies with required financial standing. That way somebody definately would be watching whats going on and wouldnt be another burden on us farmers.
                  So, you want the govt to run it and the taxpayer to pay it?

Comment

Your product needs a buyer. The Agri industry is a value chain, for the private sector there are risks that are inherent from the field to the plate.

The world is increasingly competitive. Demand is decreasing
                    "Shrinking Trade

At the start of the century, China's economic boom transformed the nation into a powerhouse consumer of commodities from grain to metals and oil. It led to resource-rich countries ramping up output to meet surging demand. .... Throughout 2023-24, exports were 63% lower. Shipments from Brazil also fell. Exports of French barley — including malting that’s used to make beer — are running almost 50% lower this season from the key Rouen port compared with a year ago. Industry group Intercereales sent a delegation to China seeking clarity from customers on a recent request by authorities to limit imports. “We are witnessing a bit of a freeze in business,” said Philippe Heusele, the president of international relations at Intercereales."

Local demand is essential. Global companies will buy first from the least-cost supplier. Many nations can serve the current global demand. Therefore, buyers on our turf, dedicated to sourcing here, are the ones who will make a sustainable difference.

As mergers and acquisitions change the face of buyer, who will remain committed to grain origination in western Canada?

Those with a vision of the future should be aware of the need to maintain an environment conducive to doing business here.

You would be fooling yourself if you did not know that the bond has a cost. (I believe Purely Canadas was 35 million dollars). The cost of maintaining that bond is not free for the traders and it is calculated on every basis.

Very simply farmers around the world are sellers, who all need buyers.

?

Comment

Bonds are essentially dead money.
                      BRIC trade circumvents our accustomed channels. Times change.
                      Last I heard insurance was pennies but someone who knows please chime in.
                      Actually talk to a bulk buyer who's dealt overseas. Stood on the docks in India or China. Not one world.
                      A third party verifying purchasers and underwriting the transaction standard practice where applicable.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post

So, you want the govt to run it and the taxpayer to pay it?
                        Pardon my cynicism. But I get the impression that that is the solution big wheel has for all problems, real and perceived.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Pardon my cynicism. But I get the impression that that is the solution big wheel has for all problems, real and perceived.
                          No doubt. Getting the government involved is just another recipe for disaster. They can phuck up anything!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

oh please spare me the political garbage unless of course your tenet news paid to spread this bullshit? So fine leave as is and let it go down the shitter, or who in the private sector is gonna do this without ****ing it up for their own profit? Our whole industry is under regulated to the point there will be only a few farms across the prairies in a decade or 2. Only a few buyers only 1 or 2 implement dealers small towns dieing daily due to no action by our gov and thats a fact. You guys would rather see a town die than admit gov policy could help so brainwashed into far right bull.

There is an existing workforce in the cash advance system right there to administer it wouldn t take much to expand that. Perhaps someone has better idea but whatever the case something urgent has to be done. and like I said scrap the corrrupt agristability program where the gov has favorite people getting money they shouldnt out of it and thats a fact also. But too many of you like taking gov money when it fills your own pocket but not if it helps someone else!

Every tax dollar invested in this would bring back multiple dollars in jobs and expansion to the industry.
                            Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 18, 2024, 17:56.

Comment

Purely Canada foods Trudeau

Comment

Big wheel, can you name one thing the government has got involved with that didn't make it worse than it was to start with?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...