• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Purely Canada Foods Corp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Government can’t find it’s ass with two hands!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
      Big wheel, can you name one thing the government has got involved with that didn't make it worse than it was to start with?
      Hahaha well how in depth do you want this answer to be? I d like you to answer and think about all the private entities that have helped greatly on one hand and on the other hand those that have harmed our society by acting only on the basis of money and not considered morality or decency? So basically everything in a society that can be done privately in a way that benefits the society as a whole and does not harm as whole should be private. And as a matter of fact there are parts of every society where the private alone cannot provide what the society needs by itself or at all in some cases. Thats my own thoughts on that.

In health care we ve seen the horror stories of the old folks care centres for profit where dead people were left in their beds deceased for days simply because of staff shortages??? people abused not taken care of etc etc??? Same would happen if health care was totally private ironically the usa has matured and learned that private just doesnt cover their society and the cost of that loss in good health far exceeds providing public health monetarily and morally.

On the farm as much as I dont like my power bill, if sask power were to be privatized many of us farms off the main path would be paying massive amounts more for our power.

As bad as crop insurance is and it needs to be improved but wont be by this prov gov because they like farms to fail so their friends can make money on the land transfer. But the private ag insurances wont even insure farms in the drought areas so i consider this a necessary for gov involvement if we want an ag industry. But its at the point it has to be totally revamped to reflect whether we like it or not our climate is getting more extreme not suggesting the cause or the cure but the fact that there are way more excessive events occurring and the private insurance would never undertake that.

Further to that if there was no gov trade deals we would not exist and nobody privately would do that in a way that was even for all of us farmers.

Long winded yes but it rained so......

You might want to ask the govs of the USA and Europe why they subsidize and have way better programs for their farmers????? The reason we are at a disadvantage many times compared to other countries is that our gov does not invest enough in programs and infrastructure or have a long term plan like other countries do. And nobody private would even know where to start with something like that especially when they cant make the trade deals.

Have you heard about the land scammers the canola for mortgage scheme, according even to the most far right posters on here that was private scam for land and why did it happen because at the time the cash advance system was inadequate. That has changed and helped.

So someone private is going to collect taxes and apply that to roads, infrastructure, etc etc and all the social programs would never happen and would detrimental to all of us in the long run?

So as I hope you can see there is sometimes a case of a black or white answer and sometimes its more like whats right and wrong in many cases.

PS the absolute stupidest move any provincial gov has made was the sask party privatizing the potash corp, and so many cant equate that with why we have a provincial PST and still cant mange the books.
      Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 18, 2024, 20:46.

Comment

Hmmm, someone explain this one.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

Hahaha well how in depth do you want this answer to be? I d like you to answer and think about all the private entities that have helped greatly on one hand and on the other hand those that have harmed our society by acting only on the basis of money and not considered morality or decency? So basically everything in a society that can be done privately in a way that benefits the society as a whole and does not harm as whole should be private. And as a matter of fact there are parts of every society where the private alone cannot provide what the society needs by itself or at all in some cases. Thats my own thoughts on that.

In health care we ve seen the horror stories of the old folks care centres for profit where dead people were left in their beds deceased for days simply because of staff shortages??? people abused not taken care of etc etc??? Same would happen if health care was totally private ironically the usa has matured and learned that private just doesnt cover their society and the cost of that loss in good health far exceeds providing public health monetarily and morally.

On the farm as much as I dont like my power bill, if sask power were to be privatized many of us farms off the main path would be paying massive amounts more for our power.

As bad as crop insurance is and it needs to be improved but wont be by this prov gov because they like farms to fail so their friends can make money on the land transfer. But the private ag insurances wont even insure farms in the drought areas so i consider this a necessary for gov involvement if we want an ag industry. But its at the point it has to be totally revamped to reflect whether we like it or not our climate is getting more extreme not suggesting the cause or the cure but the fact that there are way more excessive events occurring and the private insurance would never undertake that.

Further to that if there was no gov trade deals we would not exist and nobody privately would do that in a way that was even for all of us farmers.

Long winded yes but it rained so......

You might want to ask the govs of the USA and Europe why they subsidize and have way better programs for their farmers????? The reason we are at a disadvantage many times compared to other countries is that our gov does not invest enough in programs and infrastructure or have a long term plan like other countries do. And nobody private would even know where to start with something like that especially when they cant make the trade deals.

Have you heard about the land scammers the canola for mortgage scheme, according even to the most far right posters on here that was private scam for land and why did it happen because at the time the cash advance system was inadequate. That has changed and helped.

So someone private is going to collect taxes and apply that to roads, infrastructure, etc etc and all the social programs would never happen and would detrimental to all of us in the long run?

So as I hope you can see there is sometimes a case of a black or white answer and sometimes its more like whats right and wrong in many cases.

PS the absolute stupidest move any provincial gov has made was the sask party privatizing the potash corp, and so many cant equate that with why we have a provincial PST and still cant mange the books.
          Your right the government should own your land and pay you to farm it. In the spring give you seed and seeding plans. Your fertilizer and seed allotment. Don't use more than you are allowed. Have to control your emissions.

Of course you work 8 to 5 only and no weekends.

At the end of the year the grain is theirs. So you work and get your 3 weeks holidays. Definitely a recipe for success. It worked so well for the USSR.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post

Your right the government should own your land and pay you to farm it. In the spring give you seed and seeding plans. Your fertilizer and seed allotment. Don't use more than you are allowed. Have to control your emissions.

Of course you work 8 to 5 only and no weekends.

At the end of the year the grain is theirs. So you work and get your 3 weeks holidays. Definitely a recipe for success. It worked so well for the USSR.
            lmao youre so fkd in the head to get that out of what I said, total maga reject!

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post

lmao youre so fkd in the head to get that out of what I said, total maga reject!
              Government good. Private business bad Comrade Big Wheel.

Comment

Well at any rate. If we want a stable special crop industry how do we do it because the old bond system isn't working.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...