• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop insurance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop insurance

This is where those who think they are guaranteed “x$” are going to be sad

wheat here will be at crop insurance levels , but now feed so will get zero from crop insurance.

will be losing money on every ac of cereals now in this area

heavy lodged crop with barely average to below average yields and grade was poor before rain .

Will be better off to disk around perimeters and burn it .

save the cost of fuel , labour , repairs , depreciation, time , frustration.
    All will be much higher than before this rain event .
    some areas just west are at 3 inches and counting

Comment

crop insurance yields will be adjusted for grade loss. Even If your yields were over coverage, grading factor could drop you into a claim position

Comment

I recall one yr we had a big crop of wheat but graded a 3, got nothing because of the bushels we raised.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
          I recall one yr we had a big crop of wheat but graded a 3, got nothing because of the bushels we raised.
          Been there and done that as well. Grade adjustments can depend alot on price spreads between grades. But usually bigger yields of low quality grain means your out of luck on any insurance

Comment

Get rained on furrow? We missed most so far.

Comment

Cereal grading is a frustration to say the least. I understand the guys that just do continuous canola, hardly ever a grade issue. If you can grow it successfully continuously why not, the buyers don’t give a crap about your rotation.
              Last edited by blueversi; Aug 29, 2024, 10:45. Reason: Change punctuation

Comment

Yes and most cereals ripe , heavy lodged stands that are half full

Comment

Wasn’t there something like 10 bumper crops in a row in the North Battleford area? I used to hear that brag a lot until a couple years ago. It used to make me sick. A bad crop shouldn’t matter much to the cash stuffed bank accounts. I’ve taken my lumps and don’t feel bad when others have a bad crop or bad quality. It levels the playing field.

Comment

Over an inch here last night but south talking 3 to 4”. Just started cutting canola. Up until the rain some wheat was maybe ready but for most part another week before we get going. Further south guys been going on wheat now. Give us some time to get canola cut. Lots of messes around with volunteer canola. Lucky I addressed what I did but wish I burned off a couple more fields with a conquer of even bromoxnyl. Some guys have some real disasters coupled with drought. Lots of fields guys will be sub 20 bushel yields. Lots spraying with choppers to straight cut hoping to save the over ripe volunteers. Doesn’t make a lot of economic sense. Spend $20 on spray, $15 for a chopper. 18 bushel crop at $12 per bushel. Thought about it with ground rig but with tramping it’s no different. Gotta quit spending at some point.

Comment

Crop insurance was made worse by the Sask Party its become a scam for land transfers to go through to bigger foreign owned companies and countries.

Comment

Last year our wheat was 40 and sold for 10,this year 45 and worth 6.50.So down 140 an acre.A drop of 35% This assumes a top grade which may be gone now.Never hear this reported in the news.Most crops will see a similar drop.

Comment

1/2" downpour! Tisdale 1", S to Wadena, towards Yorkton all in the rain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...