• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lodged Crop

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a field surrounded by bush , hence why I ran the Salford VRT around the bush edge . Keeps the trees , grass and field edge trimmed .

Comment

It’s not like
      gonna go giver on every acre and make er black
      just an interesting observation is all

Comment

Finished wheat last night. Out of 8 qrts 6 were good 1 partially lodged and one badly lodged. All within 3 miles. The only difference was the lodged was on canola stubble and the other on pea stubble.Didnt roll the wheat and scraping the ground not good . Tried canola and not ready so a couple of fix days.

Comment

We had a bad incident on Friday. A farmer and his son when the combine started a fire in a barley field. The father in the grain cart tried to drive over the fire to extinguish it . The tractor caught on fire and he was trapped . The son ran and pulled him out but he was badly burnt . The son also burnt his arms. Combine tractor cart all gone . This is the third large fire close to us this year. Be sure to keep your machines clean and stop every now and then to check.

Comment

Another neighbour drove his half to field and started to combine. The truck started the field on fire , luckily they had a disc but the truck is toast.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
              It’s a field surrounded by bush , hence why I ran the Salford VRT around the bush edge . Keeps the trees , grass and field edge trimmed .
              If I had a field with that much bush around the borders, and that many miles of borders, it wouldn't grow anything, especially on a dry year like this when the trees mostly kill the crop within 50 feet. Not many acres left by the time you take that much out along every tree obstacle on that picture.

Always amazed me how other areas can farm right up to a tree line and it is often the best crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...