• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday Week 24

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe capacity wise twins don't overload uneven on shoe like a big single. Mads help. Damned if I'm leaving the seat to unplug again tho.
    Don't be ashamed running heritage machines. For me it was operator wages and shop hour bills and parts availability on 3 that made the payment on 1 class 9.

Comment

Wheat done. Did not quite make the hoped for 40 on solenetzic ground. In 22 wheat on the same field did 62. Two protein test so far 13.8 and 15.5. Harvested with MF rotary. They had rotor reversers back in the early 90's. Neighbors did oats across road with X9. Unlike the first year they had them (22) no JD service truck spotted. With MF rotary: what is a service truck? Just grease and go. Brother runs 7500 acres per combine with NH 9.90 in WC sask.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        Wheat done. Did not quite make the hoped for 40 on solenetzic ground. In 22 wheat on the same field did 62. Two protein test so far 13.8 and 15.5. Harvested with MF rotary. They had rotor reversers back in the early 90's. Neighbors did oats across road with X9. Unlike the first year they had them (22) no JD service truck spotted. With MF rotary: what is a service truck? Just grease and go. Brother runs 7500 acres per combine with NH 9.90 in WC sask.
        9790 Massey ?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

9790 Massey ?
          Yes a 9790.

Comment

Not in this part of WC SK. They’d be ipsco bound with 600 hrs most years……

Comment

Yes a 9790.
              We had one
              very dependable machine day in day out
              the newer series were a train wreck the first few years

Comment

It’s quite amazing really that these combines with so many moving parts and the continuous shaking and vibration hold together at all. Just Sayin and this is not specific to any one make.
                Last edited by sumdumguy; Sep 7, 2024, 08:32.

Comment

I wonder.
                  They process between 1-2 M$ per machine per year of product.
                  A lot of tonnes of material processed to do it.
                  If they were built like an earthmover what would we pay?
                  Technology changes constantly. An earthmover not nearly as much.

Comment

Well one of those days yesterday. Chopper shaft on the 8120 broke off just inside outside drive pulley and the 8230 the spline on the drive for the vertical unload auger spun. So both combines down. Not so impressed with Case Ih flagship combines today. Both under 1400 hrs. threshing, one through the shop this year, the other last year. I had had better luck with the Case combines than my previous New Hollands, but not so impressed now.

Comment

Should charge across the 1/2 way mark here before mother nature decides to drop a pile of water on us... Seeding moisture set me back, but harvest moisture will put the final oomph in the nut kick. I certainly dont mind water at seeding, but my good lord, i *do not* need to win the rain lottery at harvest time.

I remember a sage saying... "wouldnt it be nice if it didn't matter".

Just "Livin the Dream" (tm)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...