• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check off dollar rebate

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nitrogen fertilizer regulations will increase. (Prairies only)
    Wetlands of less than 1 acre will be protected. (Prairies)
    Glyphosate will be restricted or banned. Carbon tax will increase with no recognition of sequestration. Yup, prairies only.
    Export sales remain private.
    We can't load ships in the friggin rain.
    Yet we jealously fondle ourselves over new paint. Fixate on not paying for genetics. And let Ottawa be Ottawa.
    They should instead be afraid of us.
    What price would you put on that?

Comment

Perhaps more bang for the buck spent in Edmonton and Regina than Ottawa?

And to the original post. The deadlines are posted. Get your refund claim in. With a clear reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        I have issues with what they do and have occasionally asked for a refund with a clearly stated reason.
        What would you replace them with?
        Like my Grandpa used to say “trade it for a yellow dog and then shoot the dog”

Comment

I have issues with what they do and have occasionally asked for a refund with a clearly stated reason.
          What would you replace them with?
          why replace them?

Comment

Resolutions get passed at AGMs and never acted on. Have we heard about export sales lately - nope.

Comment

Nitrogen fertilizer regulations will increase. (Prairies only)
              Wetlands of less than 1 acre will be protected. (Prairies)
              Glyphosate will be restricted or banned. Carbon tax will increase with no recognition of sequestration. Yup, prairies only.
              Export sales remain private.
              We can't load ships in the friggin rain.
              Yet we jealously fondle ourselves over new paint. Fixate on not paying for genetics. And let Ottawa be Ottawa.
              They should instead be afraid of us.
              What price would you put on that?

pretty good list… missed recent changes to the capital gain tax. Saying all this, I doubt the levy groups have the pull to make these drastic changes in Ottawa. For me, I’d like them to fixate on one topic rather then a dozen big issues where nothing progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
                why replace them?
                So you're saying delete them entirely.
                I dunno.
                I'm saying change their mandate.
                You are buying supplies at retail and selling a world wide raw commodity at wholesale. You are part of a multi billion dollar contribution to GDP.
                Can't see doing nothing being much different than what we're doing now.
                But nothing is the result you will get.

Comment

So you're saying delete them entirely.
                  I dunno.
                  I'm saying change their mandate.
                  You are buying supplies at retail and selling a world wide raw commodity at wholesale. You are part of a multi billion dollar contribution to GDP.
                  Can't see doing nothing being much different than what we're doing now.
                  But nothing is the result you will get.
                  Yea I don’t know, the only difference might be I’m not financing foney baloney office jobs. I’m tired of it,

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post

Yea I don’t know, the only difference might be I’m not financing foney baloney office jobs. I’m tired of it,
                    There was a director yesterday on twitter posting selfies with an MP. We have to be making gains for farmers??? nope. just some more self promotion for that director.

Comment

Debbie (bucket), he puts a lot of time and effort into making the world better place for his family, friends, community, and fellow farmers. He remains positive and outgoing, doing and promoting what he believes is best, need more of these people.

you

Comment

Originally posted by Rareearth View Post
                        Debbie (bucket), he puts a lot of time and effort into making the world better place for his family, friends, community, and fellow farmers. He remains positive and outgoing, doing and promoting what he believes is best, need more of these people.

you
                        Then let's give him a medal for the selfies he takes. He had Macauley in his combine while cattlemen were selling off herds a couple years ago. Not a mention while he was in Saskatchewan.

Calling a conservative MP to look at the machinery lineup does what? Solve the canola crisis due to retaliatory measures by China on EVs?

Keep your pompoms ready for the next selfie then.

My checkoff dollars pay for it, and you say I don't do enough? Then shitcan the checkoffs and see if he is willing to do it without the pay check from the checkoff funds.

At least I have made an effort to put forward resolutions that give direction to boards. If they fail to act are they representing farmers?

Comment

I don’t disagree with you on the export sales reporting! The commodity boards should make this a top priority.

Maybe it should be mandatory reading for directors, books similar to “ Limit up” by Russ Crawford ?

No one get rich or is fairly compensated when volunteering to sit on any board, school, hospital, municipal or commodity board.

Just maybe he has convinced the visitors, that farmers are worth supporting?

The problem is political, and unfortunately rural votes west of Ontario don’t carry any weight. Especially when negativity prevails, or unity.

Once and done, isn’t effort. Many worthy causes take much more.

Comment

Support the commissions, be INVOLVED with them. Look at wheat. It's publicly funded development that returns 33:1! That's OUR money invested in progress that benefits US, not Bayer. Got an issue? Call up the closest director and talk directly to them.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...