• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macdon

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macdon

Am I the only one who keeps having hyd motors fail quite regularly?
    All reliefs checked.
    Bearing failure. Believe they've really cheapened up on components.

Scrapdon….

Comment

At least my dealer supports them really well. Warranty often.
      But wow.
      Parker saves a dime, MD saves a dime. And pays out in warranty.
      Keep stuffing claims until someone listens i guess.

Comment

She’s gone to hell since Linmar got to work screwing things up.

Comment

What'll happen is they'll just shorten the warranty period and wash their hands.

Comment

Parts are a different world, first since 08 and then the vid.

Comment

All the sudden my HB doesnt look so terrible!

God, dra-per headers are a money pit, but on durum I wouldn't trade them.

Comment

Reminds my of “Winchester moments” where the safety doesn’t hold and the rifle accidentally fires.

Winchester rifles could have fixed the safeties on the rifles for at part that cost an extra 2 cents.

Instead they would fight in court, law suits where people were killed for accidental rifle discharge.

Comment

After SF3 was chastised for his comparison of weakness between canola and soybeans over something "sister", he dropped the expression. He was right in the comparison, just not politically correct, I guess. Just waiting for leaves to drop to continue harvest. Beans are awesome with climate change and a bit of August rain. I think that will become the norm. Adapt, or die. Canola turns tail, and aborts itself at 27 degrees. Oh!, sorry wrong thread.

I see parallels between parts that fail, warranty that works mostly for now because of a business that cares, and a broader business that 99% support in fining 1% to cause elimination. Loss of warranty is but a mouse clip away because really, who cares, when you are the 1% with a hydraulic motor problem. A washing machine problem, well you got a throw away every six months that piques a 99% interest.

Your trusting team cares for your 1% business. So, your problem, besides your delay, should be okay. Just don't ask for down time.

Comment

We run Macdon headers and swathers and have never replaced an orbit motor or a hydraulic line.

Comment

Sometimes the valves and in the blocks get buggered. I would start there.

Comment

I found dumping the center tray on the header more often eliminated my hyd motor failures

Comment

You ever point one of those thermometer guns at it?

Comment

I am worried what they are going to do to Bourgault when they hit full stride.

Bourgault was far from perfect but I don't expect it to be run better in these hands.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
                              I found dumping the center tray on the header more often eliminated my hyd motor failures
                              Pulled a 10 inch cult sweep out of mine one day doing soybeans. That could have ended poorly ! More trouble with poor hyd swivel ends leaking than motors.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...