• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting wet in areas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks nasty

Comment

Every phucking acre I had left to harvest was in that purple dot. Shiiiitttttyyyy!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
        We are in for 2-3 inches,a few finishing wheat but mostly canola left.Cross auger motor blew seal,tried to combine without it but impossible in canola.Lost half a day,dealer had four so must be an issue and 800 bucks for a small hyd.motor ( macdon).We will hit 75% tonight if rain stays away.
        Got one like that as well, went to inspect and studs are sheared off. Just hit the break even mark everything else is profit. 15 mins left and combining 2024 is a wrap.
        Last edited by biglentil; Sep 17, 2024, 14:45.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post

Head gasket?

Been down that road... somewhat unsure of how cummins does it, but on my cat when you clamped down the spacer plate and measure the liner protrusion, it would "pass" on the maximum allowable tolerance, but the liners were "rocking" in the block and would chew a head gasket every year. Counter bored the block and shimmed to the highest allowable protrusion.
          Started out thinking it was a head gasket but after pulling the head we found wear in where the fuel injectors sit so ended up with a new head and fuel injectors hopefully back together by the weekend. Still catching up on other repairs as well. 3/10” early this morning with rain forecasted for tomorrow as well, should catch up eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post

Started out thinking it was a head gasket but after pulling the head we found wear in where the fuel injectors sit so ended up with a new head and fuel injectors hopefully back together by the weekend. Still catching up on other repairs as well. 3/10” early this morning with rain forecasted for tomorrow as well, should catch up eventually.
            Pulled 0.35" here as well this afternoon... right back to 23% moisture. Perhaps by Saturday we'll be able to get something done here again. Painful!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	808
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	803077?
              wild looking satellite at 11 P.M. 17/09/2024

Comment

Went to Winkler monday to get a combine tire between noon monday and noon tuesday some places in that area received 6 inches . Looks like we will get a fare shot of the stuff today.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post

Got one like that as well, went to inspect and studs are sheared off. Just hit the break even mark everything else is profit. 15 mins left and combining 2024 is a wrap.
                  I hate to brag but I think we were in profit territory for the last 17 minutes before finishing.

Comment

35mm so far and still raining. Going to take a few days to dry this one out .

Comment

Originally posted by rumrocks View Post

I hate to brag but I think we were in profit territory for the last 17 minutes before finishing.
                      Good lord, dont brag!

In all honesty, my god this is a challenging industry. Everyone thinks they need "just a little more"™?. Meanwhile here we are glad that the last couple minutes of harvest was all ours!

Comment

4/10" more N of Wadena...

Comment

44 mm here the past few days
                          65 in some locations

Comment

Recharge

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                              Recharge
                              Maybe for your area.

After receiving 6 inches in one day this week, Southern Manitobains wouldn't call it a recharge when basements are flooded, roads washed out, and crops are still in the fields.

Comment

Forage, I wondered when that big blob settled in over southern Manitoba. Many of us are thankful for what moisture we can get but for sure 6 inches would cause problems. Probably good for hay and pastures.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...