• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make Sure You Vote in the Barley Plebiscite

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Sure You Vote in the Barley Plebiscite

Just a note to make sure everyone is expressing their opinion in the curent barley plebiscite. Brenda Brindle did a good job of going over the process on this last Monday's call of the land.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/newslett.nsf/all/cotl11074

All three producers in my family had to phone the Barley 1-800 number as we have not yet received our voting packages. Funny those on the other end did not ask for permit book numbers or crop insurance account numbers either to verify we are actual producers. I trust the voting package that is out there has some form of verifying voter eligibility.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

The KPMG website on the barley plebiscite is located at:

http://www.2007barleyvote.ca/Default.aspx

Instructions are below (from the website).

Voting

Review voter eligibility criteria to determine that your farming entity meets the criteria of an eligible voter.

Sign and date the self-declaration certifying that you meet the voter eligibility criteria and this is the only ballot being completed for this farming entity.

Choose only one of the three options on the ballot portion of the self-declaration, detach the ballot along the perforation line and place the ballot in the ‘secrecy’ envelope. Seal this envelope.

Include the self-declaration in the return postage paid envelope and also include within the return postage paid envelope, the secrecy envelope containing the ballot.

Mail the postage paid envelope to KPMG LLP. Envelopes must be post marked no later than midnight March 13th. All envelopes post-marked after this will be deemed ineligible.

Comment

Just a note the self declaration form is critical. No form/no vote.

Comment

I think the onus is on you, Steve. You have to sign a declaration that you are a barley producer in at least one of the last 5 years.

Comment

Got my voting package Friday. Glad to see there are verification measures indicated with the supplied literature. Interesting that all 3 viewpoints are supported by their own propaganda sheets in the package. I sure hope everybody eligible gets out and votes.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Come back on steve_winkler and make a contribution or two.

Where's snappy?

I thought snappy had lots to offer on this forum.

Snappy............................................ .........................yoohoo................... ...........

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...