• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FNA Export and Terminal Corp

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obviously though, there are arrangements with this termianal already and not all the grain going to Vancouver is going to be handled through AU elevators. A change of ownership will not guarantee these arrangments go with the terminal but certainly don't guarantee no arrangments can/will be made. Whomever doesn't marry with AU may have a vested interest in making this their terminal of choice? The need for both terminals is still there isn't it? If the CWB is serious about staying alive won't they be using any means available to load ships?

Comment

AU has handling agreements with some of the smaller elevator companies – but I don’t think any specify shipping to the terminal that is for sale. (AU has two others in Vancouver.)

Most handling agreements are fairly long term – 3 to 5 years. I understand that's why some of the previous buyers had to opt out – couldn’t get enough country originations.

It would be great to have one more competitor but the current terminal operators believe that there is enough capacity without it.

The CWB could play an important role in the viability of this terminal under FNA management and ownership. The way I see it, it could be the only way its viable.

Comment

Ahhh! Thank you chaffmeister. "enough capacity without" is definetly of major importance. I had understood other bidders had backed out, not enough commitment from elevators would do that. Now the barleyguy's comments about producer cars become relevent. Thanks for wading me through.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...