• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demoed a S780

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demoed a S780

We had a energetic Brandt salesman that wanted to demo a S780 and I haven’t run a John Deere rotary since a 9760STS. So we tried it out. Looking over the combine it looked bigger and more complicated than my 2 Case ih combines. Nice options like cooled and heated leather seats, 2 touch screen monitors, it was equipped with automation. Unfortunately the young tech guy they brought out for set up had spent too much time with the X9. He was really good but his settings weren’t lol. In the end my 2014 8230 Case was only putting .6 bushels per acre in the drop pan and the Deere was putting 4, this was on dry swathed canola only yielding between 35-40 bushels per acre. Both were going about 4.6 mph on a 25 foot swath. There is no doubt he had the fan going way to fast which we quickly figured out. With a price tag over $500000 I did expect better results lol. Nice combine but needs a bigger sieve imo.

Long green line is living up to its name.

Comment

Half a million for a combine and seeder is a pretty good deal.

Comment

Every single case field in our area looks like this. Yes even gleaner is green. X9 least throw over the yellow ones are a bigger disaster

Comment

Hmmmm , not sure on the yellow ones .
          you have to be completely incompetent to run a yellow and throw over . But maybe that’s the situation there .

actually any combine , set right will be decent, or horrible , speed kills and operator attention is the determining factors regardless of colour.

Comment

Our fields were looking like golf greens have had to spray almost all of them to preserve some of the moisture that came with the combine that got used on most of our fields this year. It was big and it was white and boy did it throw the grain on the ground.

Comment

Late hail sucks no doubt

sad part is crop is worth more on the ground than in the bin with crop insurance levels compared to low markets .

If we got hailed right out we would be way way father ahead between hail / crop insurance.
              but never ever fun to deal with aftermath

Comment

Wait a while. Will be more S780 available at a lower prices soon.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Hmmmm , not sure on the yellow ones .
                  you have to be completely incompetent to run a yellow and throw over . But maybe that’s the situation there .

actually any combine , set right will be decent, or horrible , speed kills and operator attention is the determining factors regardless of colour.
                  I certainly agree. I wish I had done more research on setting the S780 before the demo. Post demo research has shown me the way they set it that day was way off the mark. Unfortunate for the salesman. I do agree on the New Holland, I ran them many years, throwing grain over was not ever one of my complaints.

We did have 3 X9’s combining down the road a mile, watched them for a bit. Looked like the 50 foot headers worked well. Looking at the land harvested with them here and across the river certainly some green behind. Lots of moisture this fall and some light weight seeds due to drought, every field has a different level of green regardless of colour.

Comment

Its on the 10 to 20 combine farms that are yellow. Multiple drivers and poorsettings.

Comment

Sunnybrook in our 690 makes a real wheat combine. Very low losses, best of any combine we owned. They all lose barley and EVERY seed germinates after rain.

Canola way too dry, could shoe losses now. Straight cut plus way easier to separate, cleaner samples.

Comment

Don’t matter the brand, fields are turning green from the light weight crap that got chucked out the back.
                        Also there was no yield, combine ran empty.

More on the ground the better, as crop insurance price is way ahead of the market.

Crying shame though the crooks can’t realize what has really taken place.

Comment

Seen the same here , in areas on cereals where the crop was lodged and less than half there it far worse
                          same field in draws and areas that were more normal, losses are zero
                          thing is the stand was there for 70 bud plus so the MOG still had to be processed the same whether it was going 35 or 75 .
                          and the chicken feed in those areas was nearly impossible to keep in with the amount of MOG to deal with .
                          was not a fun harvest for many
                          off to help the neighbour here shortly.
                          80% lodged and he having a tough time .
                          hopefully get it off before rains again tonight
                          we finished yesterday other than 10 ac of soybeans . They might just get baled up .

Comment

Does not look like fun but gotta get er off

Comment

That was a beauty crop all summer , the Hessian Fly wreaked havoc in a pocket here this year
                              very frustrating for several farms here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...