• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Demoed a S780

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post

I certainly agree. I wish I had done more research on setting the S780 before the demo. Post demo research has shown me the way they set it that day was way off the mark. Unfortunate for the salesman. I do agree on the New Holland, I ran them many years, throwing grain over was not ever one of my complaints.

We did have 3 X9’s combining down the road a mile, watched them for a bit. Looked like the 50 foot headers worked well. Looking at the land harvested with them here and across the river certainly some green behind. Lots of moisture this fall and some light weight seeds due to drought, every field has a different level of green regardless of colour.
    I find the debate about combines very funny. I am far from a master at fine tuning machines. I could tour you around the neighborhood and show you examples of claas, NH , Case, John Deere , Gleaner you name it , where the fields are green from grain thrown out the back.

Can also show you examples of them all that did a good job.

We rarely get in a race. We are more worried about what's being thrown out the back no matter the colour of machine.

One thing I do know when the weather is moist, you get paid well to go home when the humidity rises.

Comment

Much Canaryseed is flat as a pancake here. She’s slow going and better not have rocks.

Comment

Nowadays it can be the guy setting the straight cut header reels.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
          Its on the 10 to 20 combine farms that are yellow. Multiple drivers and poorsettings.
          Well one thing guaranteed, it not the New Hollands , that’s 100 ???? operator Incompetence

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
            Its on the 10 to 20 combine farms that are yellow.
            Maybe they are filing for a cover crop payment?
            Captured CO2 and building organic matter?
            Stabilizing the soil to avoid erosion?

They might have a different agronomist that is up to date on all the programs?
            Last edited by shtferbrains; Sep 29, 2024, 15:17.

Comment

Hamloc.. at least you had a salesman show some interest. Two years ago I spent a couple million bucks at my local Jd dealership and I haven’t had a hello or a FU from my salesman in over six months.

Now that is a lack of interest.

Comment

What many are forgetting is we haven't had a frost that keeps things in check. The entire month of September without being close. A normal frost usually makes a lot of combine settings look good. IMHO.

Comment

Quick math

0.8 bushel loss in canola = 40 lbs of seed
                  at 5 tkw thats like 3.6 million seeds per acre
                  thru our planter we target 220 k seeds per acre....

Every field is green behind a combine

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                    Quick math

0.8 bushel loss in canola = 40 lbs of seed
                    at 5 tkw thats like 3.6 million seeds per acre
                    thru our planter we target 220 k seeds per acre....

Every field is green behind a combine

Were you happy with your planter again this year ?
                    that’s exactly what we targeted for seed population with the Horsch we had

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post

Well one thing guaranteed, it not the New Hollands , that’s 100 ???? operator Incompetence
                      It depends how its set up. With every other wire out of concave and getting rid of finger grate on the separator side. Dam near impossible to put barley out the back. This year left mad concaves in,set for wheat I could put some out the back. Nice dreadlocks on volunteers / looks like garden soil

Comment

Planter = happy

every yr we see same or better yield and less disease ( based on stem disease infection rate post swathing/ harvest)

The planter on 15 inch spacing seems to be consistently to 30 to 40 less infection rate on MAIN stems. Now that sounds positive but the plants are noticably bigger ( even with same variety) on that wider row spacing and you get more side branching so i would assume there is more infection on those branches than a tighter row spaced crop that has a different canopy type.

We have yet to use the planter on a field where we went.....
                        " oh boy.... that sure sucked compared to the drill"

Comment

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
                          Planter = happy

every yr we see same or better yield and less disease ( based on stem disease infection rate post swathing/ harvest)

The planter on 15 inch spacing seems to be consistently to 30 to 40 less infection rate on MAIN stems. Now that sounds positive but the plants are noticably bigger ( even with same variety) on that wider row spacing and you get more side branching so i would assume there is more infection on those branches than a tighter row spaced crop that has a different canopy type.

We have yet to use the planter on a field where we went.....
                          " oh boy.... that sure sucked compared to the drill"
                          We seen the exact same thing every year

The potential is there with this seed master SR as well , not as exact without singulation but close , we just have to trust the machine to lower seed rate more
                          canola went on a bit heavy again and it showed as it ran out of gas sooner than it should have .
                          definitely still a big reduction in disease pressure in low areas
                          very happy how peas turned out , they stood extremely well with very low disease pressure
                          lentils …. Verdict still out but will try again. Need to lower seed rate there as well

Comment

The wheat trial was interesting again , definitely would not be afraid to do all wheat on 15in spacing if we had to .
                            yield was very similar again this year , but lodging was slightly worse .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...