• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of activity going on again here

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of activity going on again here

Combining 99% done other than the perennial late guys
    but starting yesterday, sprayers , harrows and even NH3 going on all around here

Ya the gas is starting here now

Comment

Not sure what’s right.
      Was always told that the soil temp should be below 5c before you start doing fall NH3?
      Big agronomic company in the area that claims to be 4R certified and farm at the same time will start applying NH3 in early September with the soil still at summertime temps.
      Maybe they put a stabilizer in with the ammonia and is that all it takes?

Comment

Not sure , but soil temps still up there and lot of expert opinions on that .
        might turn out fine , who knows

Comment

YES sprayers, harrows and Fall N going on all around. Others Just a few acres left. 130 mostly standing wheat across the road.

Soil temp +8 by 5pm. Centuro mixed with NH3 by local guys, applied over a week ago.

Has anyone tried and does this work in warm soil?

Comment

Did a little reading and I guess it’s 10c not 5 for fall Nh3.
            Here the soil was 15 late yesterday afternoon and 8 this morning so an average of 11.5 and will get another temp today and tomorrow morning.
            Supposed to cool off some after today so getting close.

Comment

Yea gas going down last flax done and canola almost all cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                Did a little reading and I guess it’s 10c not 5 for fall Nh3.
                Here the soil was 15 late yesterday afternoon and 8 this morning so an average of 11.5 and will get another temp today and tomorrow morning.
                Supposed to cool off some after today so getting close.
                I bet the guys up by Aylsham that start seeding when there is snow left in the bush are mostly done NH3 by now. They have done it that way for 30 yrs. Seem to think it works OK?
                That land is easy to farm because it take water without pooling up for long.

Don't wait to long or the knives freeze up bad and it's like dragging a club.

Can't do it all one day but try go when the soil has reasonably good tilth and can cover in behind the knife.

My opinion only. DYOD

Comment

Yes I farm close to those guys and some are finished already but I farm on a different planet! They have nice mellow dirt that flows back and seals the NH3 in.
                  Here its hard lumpy clay that won’t seal up near as nice.
                  I have put on NH3 on in really cold weather and never have much problem with openers freezing. Friction of the openers running over my hard ground usually has the openers warm to the touch even when the soil is starting to freeze.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...