• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyphosate Free Yellow Peas Rejected

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glyphosate Free Yellow Peas Rejected

Just had one of 2 field’s sample rejected on a contract. .013mg/kg. aka .013ppm glyphosate.

Both fields were desiccated with reglone. Baffled! Would it be residue in a rinsed sprayer tank or drift from a neighbour desiccating with round up?
    Last edited by Dr Tone; Oct 11, 2024, 19:48.

.013ppm is low. There is probably that just blowing around

Comment

Was the contract for a higher dollar value than current replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
        Was the contract for a higher dollar value than current replacement?
        Absolutely. Clearly that low amount isn’t from us desiccating with round up. If they try to make me pay the contract out I’m going to be pissed.
        Last edited by Dr Tone; Oct 11, 2024, 20:28.

Comment

I think they are pulling a fast one. I have stopped using a desiccant. Harvest at 20% and run them through the dryer...no splits and cost is the same as reglone

Comment

Preseed burn off can cause this much residue, we had a study done on our production a couple years ago.

Comment

Send a sample to SGS. I think they can test for chemical residue.

Comment

Interesting as we grow peas as well.
                Illustrative of the zero tolerance world we live in when zero unachievable. .013ppm is 13 pp billion. Probably find that anywhere?

Comment

That isn't good.

This is why farmers need an ombudsman that this can be reported to and quickly resolved. While you may be able to fight this one on your own, there is plenty of issues like this not just in regards to grain that individuals can't fight against larger companies with $$$$ to try and screw farmers over.

I probably shouldn't comment since I don't know the details.

Even a couple years ago when farmers were short on contracts, there were no force majeur abilities to help farmers out. The very same rules that grain cos use when a railway has issues with cold weather ,fires, strikes etc.

Farmer's representatives and government have really dropped the ball for ensuring protections for the average farmer.

Labour Day weekend that just passed, canola dropped a buck a bushel from Friday until Tuesday morning due to EV tariffs . WTF does that have to do with farmers on the prairies??? Graincos were laughing all the way to the bank on unpriced deliveries over that weekend for guys in the field just doing their job.

Comment

Limit is .010, so ultimately they are trying to pay less because of .003 ppm over and just blend it when they take it at a lower glyphosate price.

Comment

3 parts per billion is a crazy small amount. What is the plus/minus error bar on their testing procedure?

Comment

You guys will all remember the Triffid issue in flax. They were using coffee grinders to grind flax to test. """Do you sterilize them after every grind between samples?""' I asked as I watch them do it. No. Then how can it be a certified test when you are talking such small amounts?

Idiotic the whole thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
                          3 parts per billion is a crazy small amount. What is the plus/minus error bar on their testing procedure?
                          +- .007 ppm or 7 pp billion.
                          Last edited by Dr Tone; Oct 12, 2024, 10:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Tone View Post

+- .007 ppm or 7 pp billion.
                            So what's their problem? 0.013 ppm is well within/under their error probable of 0.003 to 0.017 ppm

Comment

Parts per billion testing is very bad for agriculture. They’ll be able to reject anything if the price goes against the buyer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...