• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glyphosate Free Yellow Peas Rejected

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post

So what's their problem? 0.013 ppm is well within/under their error probable of 0.003 to 0.017 ppm
    That’s the 3rd party lab margin of error number. It’s all just games. I’ve learned my lesson, and hope this thread helps others .

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
      Preseed burn off can cause this much residue, we had a study done on our production a couple years ago.
      What rate did you apply in burnoff.

Comment

It's not necessarily the burn off that's the issue and it's not drift. It's trace levels in rainfall/environment.

Noone would try and blend these levels and the buyer will be just as disappointed as the seller when the test comes back positive.

Organic exporters are having the same issue.

And it can change from the bin sample to loading into railcar. At these levels it's difficult to meet.

The bigger the crop the less chance there is of residue showing up. I believe it's due to dilution but it's a wild ass guess.

Destination buyers (mainly China) won't negotiate on levels as their buyers demand the level. It's a good market if you can hit it but it takes a level of luck to meet the spec.

Comment

We applied 1 liter per acre pre burn and there was a detectable level and the ground we did late fall spraying had no residue. The plants picked up a small amount of residue during emergence.

Comment

Originally posted by dave4441 View Post

Noone would try and blend these levels and the buyer will be just as disappointed as the seller when the test comes back positive.
            One of our bins is 60% the field that passed and 40% the field that didn't. They want a sample of that bin now, so blending apparently isn't an issue for them.

Fields are a couple miles apart, both pre-burn .67 L/ac and both yielded well.

Comment

It can still fail when the product is delivered. The bin sample is normally the first step. Albeit an important one.

I have seen bin samples pass and then railcars loaded then retest and they fail.

Comment

We used to test mustard for chemical residue. This is what we found: different results and different labs. You may want to have it retested.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...