• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Train station.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train station.

First China, now India, again, or canola and pulses our life line trade.

Western Canada must toss the idea that national farm boards work for us. We need a separate and unique trading block with our own voice.

[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-india-ties-could-take-a-long-time-to-recover/ar-AA1siKWl?ocid=BingNewsSerp[/url]

We need to reject Bill C 293 outright.
    Last edited by westernvicki; Oct 15, 2024, 09:17.

Does all of this all together warrant an emergency meeting of the elected ag. representatives?

Comment

I agree totally Vicki. These boards in their infancy were a great thing. There to help us now most have turned into a place for people to take check off money and tax payers dollars to go on a holiday and pat each other on the back and tell each other what a great job they are doing.

Comment

The mandate of the boards needs to change: it is not just about production. Policy, trade relations are essential to western Canadian agri-industry.

WGRF has millions in reserve. Their mandate must be adjusted to allow for policy like:
        Carbon tax.
        Environmental issues.
        Promotion of our sector.
        Trade policy.
        Trade relations.
        Fiscal and tax policy.
        Value add & diversification.

For this, your role in adjusting the mandate is crucial and highly valued. Please let the Premiers know.

Comment

[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/canada-india-ties-could-take-a-long-time-to-recover/ar-AA1siKWl?ocid=BingNewsSerp[/url]

Comment

If only we had some elected MLAs and MPs that represented rural areas????????

Comment

If only we had a farm voice. Even the Pools better than what we have now.

Comment

Are the farm groups out west not controlled basically owned by the federal conservatives and provincial sask party and current alberta gov? If we re to get serious about it theyve really become puppets to political agendas as apposed to our best interest?

Comment

Wow. I was beginning to think I was an uninformed lunatic out in the cold.
                  HIstory and culture is how we got here. What do you suggest. Does anyone younger feel strongly enough to start a whole new group? Rewrite the ones in place? I talk to no one under 50 who knows anything at all and over 50 who cares anymore.

Comment

So seems graincos have pulled bids on reds, just lovely.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Wow. I was beginning to think I was an uninformed lunatic out in the cold.
                      HIstory and culture is how we got here. What do you suggest. Does anyone younger feel strongly enough to start a whole new group? Rewrite the ones in place? I talk to no one under 50 who knows anything at all and over 50 who cares anymore.
                      I agree. But what do you expect? We have had at least a decade of zero strategic analysis.

We pay millions in levy dollars & check-off dollars. The Provincial boards only worry about production. The National ag boards dilute Western interests!

We have had a pitifully little strategic analysis. APAS is the best one at this time.

The proof of the malaise is how our sector responded to BILL C 293! Commodity producers and representatives who think feed demand has nothing to do with commodities! Failing to realize that biodiesel produces meal, Ethanol produces DDGs, and pulse protein by-products are starch and fiber, all used for feed!

The Food Professor finally busted Bill C 293 a 2 year old bill in the Senate ignored by farm groups open: [url]https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/charlebois-is-bill-c-293-canadas-vegan-act[/url]

The proof is a lack of strategic policy thinking. The pudding will be a lack of demand and pricing.

It's not enough to simply react to the challenges we face. We need to be proactive in our approach.
                      Last edited by westernvicki; Oct 15, 2024, 10:57.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        So seems graincos have pulled bids on reds, just lovely.
                        Of course, they have.
                        Australia wins. Russia and the FSU win. We lose.
                        It won't be hard to keep score.

And no pea bids are not going up. And no green peas will reopen in India.
                        Last edited by westernvicki; Oct 15, 2024, 11:01.

Comment

And yes, some trading house in Turkey or Egypt or UAE or Dubai or Singapore will redirect our product, they will win too.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            Are the farm groups out west not controlled basically owned by the federal conservatives and provincial sask party and current alberta gov? If we re to get serious about it theyve really become puppets to political agendas as apposed to our best interest?
                            I take it your from Ontario or Quebec ?

Comment

jusnit is just trying to change the channel from all his scandals and jagmeet is all to happy to help him by supporting his kallistani terrorist friends and irritating india. and if Polliver is sucked into this sh*tstorm all the better for these libs who will happily burn down canada on their way out

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...