• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CN Service Complaint

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CN Service Complaint

Great Northern Grain Terminal has filed a complaint with CTA about lack of service. They are being backed up by 10 other grain industry players ,including the CWB, that are requesting interver status. Railways are putting the screws to independent terminals. Open running rights are needed to open up this cozy little arrangement between CN/CP, its the only language they understand.

agstar I can't believe itbut for once I agree with you. At a time when their trains keep falling off the track and they are way behind on service their solution is to only load 100 car spots and you need to book your yearly requirements up front. Now that's what I call a monopoly.

Comment

Railways go where the profit is, and it's with other commodities. They have a captive market and know we have to use them, so they can ignore us. Small shippers are reluctant to file complaints ,fearing retribution. They have very powerful lobbies in Ottawa and know how to use them.

Comment

What is a powerful lobby? Like...a.....your own minister in the Government?

Comment

These shippers are right to file and rules should be changed to allow class actions against the railroads.
          As it stands now shippers have few if any rights and they risk bankruptcy in defending themselves. Was it Naber seeds in Nipiwan that did just that, they were right but the railroads put them under to show how strong they were?
          For what it's worth the 10 complainants have my best wishes and support good luck.

Comment

When VPs get paid millions, you know they can spread a few Mill around Ottawa wining and dining the Cons/Ref and the others. Doubtful if it makes any difference who is in power. Get on your MP's case , write whatever. With a looming election you just might have some effect. If they can go green maybe they will even do something just to look like they care. CWB or No CWB the Railways will still be there so we better get to them soon.

Comment

Aggie.....still too much of that 50`s thinking......the only way to make money is export the stuff as a bulk commodity.Don`t you have any ideas other than the hatred you were annointed with??

Comment

Okay tell me what to grow and how we can process it all and ship it by oxcart.

Comment

If I can remember correctly CN did have a 4 billion profit last year. Surely they could spend a couple billion to upgrade some services.

Comment

Agstar77 be careful what you say.

The wheat growers assoc., Barley Growers assoc and the Alberta gov't might use that as an idea.

If getting rid of the "Crow Rate" didn't bring about all the "EFFICIENCIES' they predicted Maybe getting rid of the railroads altogether will be their next wise idea.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...