• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB farmer forums

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB farmer forums

I read that only 4 farmers showed up at the CWB farmer's forum in Westlock. Mr. Vos stated, "If someone could patent the process of what it takes for farmers to come out to meetings, they could be wealthy." Mr. Vos, you know the answer and so do I.Throw a farewell party for the CWB!

Beer on the house for lesm

Parsley

Comment

I'll bring the beer.

Comment

This would be THE party of 50 years, fransisco.

Imagine knowing you will not be put in jail for selling your own wheat and barley!

That warrants a huge party. What province, lesm?

Parsley

Comment

that's easy mr. vos - provide them with useful information.

in saskatoon yesterday there were 3 market-oriented meetings going on: larry weber's, syngenta's with john deputter out, and univar's with the farmlink people speaking. i had a helluva time picking and in the end they were all basically full, and well-received i heard.

it's not like farmers aren't interested in marketing - it's that the cwb isn't offering any real insights or assitance.

Comment

Strange ,at the meeting I attended this week, there was a good attendance and a very productive meeting.

Comment

and they were all cousins......

Comment

Well now I have heard everything, apparently farmers are going to buy other farmers, beer, to celebrate the demise of the CWB! Just as I thought, there are a whole bunch of phonies on this forum, pretending to be farmers. From my experience, farmers are the most frugal people on the planet. To believe they would buy beer for farmer friends is like believing that I can sell a load of beans to India, via my home PC, and actually get paid. Heck, half the time you can't event collect from neighbours that have bought farm stuff, or the cheques bounce, or they haven't sold their cows, yet, or they don't have their wallet with them today..... I am sure that trading into the international market place is easier however if you are worldly, informed and full of it!!!

Comment

No ,you're the one with all the relatives on this board!!

Comment

Parsley, I'm from north central Saskatchewan.. I was hoping that we would have enough interest in this party so that the Wheat Board could use our final payments to rent the Commonwealth Stadium for this huge celebration!! Burbert and Agstar could have their wake in a Calvert-owned Sasktel phone booth!!

Comment

Agstar:
                      Could you please explain to Burbert how the CWB ensures it gets paid when selling in international markets. He seems to think its riskier than selling to his neighbour.

(And he won't listen to me.)

Comment

no no no agstar, they are all identifiably your relatives because they not only look alike, but they all play banjo, and always the same tune over and over and over......

Comment

Burbert, your problem is you are hanging around with single-deskers!

The only reason they believe in the single desk is cause somebody told them it gets them more money. You know, buy these lottery tickets and you win a million, guaranteed?

Hanging around with the wrong crowd will attract the cheapskates every time Burbert. Only if you're an employee will you get a fat bonus.

You need some new fishin' partners!

Parsley

Comment

lesm for so long an agri-viller,

The Board can put their payments where the sun don't shine! Never mortgage a good party with Wheat Board cash. They'll suck up the fun.

I'm a little more interested in renting the agridome, tying up Vader and agstar together in the centre of the ring, playing save the last dance for me, and calling in winwin. mmm

Ban the rest of the single deskers from entry! They'll mooch all the beer.

Will you be on the committee lesm?

Parsley

Comment

"To believe they would buy beer for farmer friends is like believing that I can sell a load of beans to India, via my home PC, and actually get paid. "

You wouldn't, couldn't believe it Burbert....but you practically took the words right out of my dayplanner!

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny.

And cotton, I will personally invite you with bells on, I'll send them to you, so I can first swat you a good one for being a dipassedope, before pointing you to Damascus.

Anyhow, a party to invite the press to, a party for celebrating, and a party to mark the end of stupidity.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...