• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Voted No.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Voted No.

I have always siad that everyone should have the choice of how they marketed their grain, but with the antics of the left wing CWB directors I thought that it was time to send a clear message.

If the CWB is doing such a good job and getting us all these premiums, why are my returns from the open market crops that much better.

Is the CWB trying to better inform me by telling me to plant 50% less hard red and maybe planting some extra strong. No, they continue to try and sell what is grown. The only way you sell an over supply is, make the farmer store it (80%) or discount it against #2DN or whatever.

The CWB needs to get with it and provide information before seeding. The information available as the Pro is a joke. Yes they have programs for the more sophisticated grain grower but we don't need t worry about them. It is the left wing,"Do it for Tommy Douglas", crowd out there that need to be told we are drowning in over quality wheat and we need to be diverting acres to something else.

I don't know for sure how the vote will go but I am not afraid to go cold turkey and eliminate the CWB from my farm.

I got this one franny.

Rob,you spelt "said" wrong.

Comment

made me laugh

Comment

Well at least I got laugh.

Had a group of Aussies in last week and took them to one od the nastie multi-nationals to explain the CWB and Canadian grain politics.

I can't print some of their comments, but lets put it this way. They would not put up with what we have to.

Comment

And what were they doing in Canada?

Comment

I don't see any downside to voting no. As we have all heard if Stephane Dion can bring the CWB back if it disappears (gasp) why could barley not be brought back under the CWB monopsony if things get worse (if that's possible)?

Comment

They were here on an international tour learning about Canadian agriculture.

Comment

Keen observation Gregpet! Maybe if Dion campaigns on "bringing back" the stress leave bonuses, right back into the pooling accounts, he'll get a few more votes.

Does did the Aussies comment that the the CWB "tour around " Australia making single desk speeches?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...