• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeding Survey Before Stats Canada.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeding Survey Before Stats Canada.

Just woundering if its me or are alot of people switching out of high Nitrogen using crops.
    We are going to drop 700 acres of canola to an extra 700 peas from our rotation and change 700 of HRS to 700 Barley.
    Out of 8000 now will be
    2000 peas
    3000 Canola
    2300 Durum
    700 Barley
    Use to be
    1000 peas
    3700 Canola
    3300 Durum
    Less anhydrous of $50,000.00
    Pi-- on Fert Company.
    I am sick of the BS in this area.

I was at a meeting last week and the question was brought up. referring to Supply and demand tables and projected yields.
    Even if the number of acres going in is right farmers will not be putting down the required amount of N and P to get even historical averages.

Also do you think most farmers realize cutting back on required amounts of nutrients does not pay even if the payback is 2:1 farmers will cut back on cash costs
    (return is probably more 4:1)

On our farm more peas less lentils they better start buying acres!

Comment

Lentils are dropping like flies in our area switching to peas.
      Whats happening with your canola acres in our area their has been quite alot of seed cancelations or dropping of acres.
      HRS know one is cleaning any yet were 7 weeks away.

Comment

Canola acres seem to be steady to slightly down, one retailer I talked to says he doesn't expect a lot of walk up traffic in the spring.
        HRS and durum are being taken out by barley.

Comment

I know a couple older/smaller farmers that have a budget for fert based on $30/ac wheat/barley and $40/ac canola regardless of price of fertilizer or crop.
          I know these guys are small acres but there are a lot of them (these are also the guys who can/will leave crop in the bins for years if they feel the need).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...