• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Marketing

I'd like to tell Burbert that I have been marketing grain all over the world for 21 years- yes 21 years from my farm. I had 1 and only 1 account unpaid due to a Canadian, (born and raised Canadian) logistics expert stealing it- not the foreigner. I also hear the propagandist dooms dayers warning about the Cash Advance being tied somehow to CWB crops. Check the facts, the cash advance program has been open to many crops outside the CWB for years. Ask the Lentil, Canola, Pea grower, they'll tell you the cash advance program is not limited to the fortunate few who need thugs to 'market' for them.

SDG,

THems fighting words!

THey are not thugs... I don't think they are intentionally wanting to go out on a street corner and beat up a grain grower who wants a little more freedom... are they?

At least 73% of them... maybe only 12% might think it is justified?

Ipsos did a survey with my better half... she is really getting riled up! Good move... on getting people up to speed!

We are certainly living in interesting times... to put it mildly!

Comment

This week's Western Producer had an realchoiceofavoice insert which describes marketers like you, sumdumguy as a farmer who is only pricing their grain, not marketing their grain, "Using computers, fax machines, cell phones and Blackberrys"

We are just as stupid as you are sumdumguy. We sold feed barley into the US two weeks ago, for Am$8.00 per bushel, FOB farm.

Maybe farmers pricing grain instead of the CWB marketing grain is the way to go. Keep it up.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley

How much was the buy back?

Comment

Applied to the CWB for the export license,(no fees for processing) received it, and exported the licensed grain with the proper documentation.

$8.00 in the pocket with the buyer paying the trucker.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley, that price for Barley seems almost to good to be true. You don't know of a market for Durum do you?

Comment

It's true.

Price is not as good because the dollar was so high.

Had a call for durum, paying really good money if I recall, but we ever grow durum. I think it was for as much as they could find, to go to Europe, but it was a month or so ago.

Parsley

Comment

never grow durum
                sorry

Comment

Would you be prepared to send me a private email on durum?

Comment

I'll check the company on Monday when they are open, and see if they are still buying durum or if they are filled. They were also contracting durum and can also ask about that.

I'm very comfortable with the company in terms of payment.

Parsley

Comment

Thank you

bbmail@sasktel.net

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...