• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sniff Test

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sniff Test

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070310.wxfarmers10/CommentStory/National/home

George McKnabb from Canada writes:

Can anyone out there provide a reasonable explanation for this question: If the Canadian Wheat Board is so crucial to farmers, how come farmers east of the Manitoba border do not sell (and demand to sell) to the Canadian Wheat Board?

It seems painfully obvious that if the Canadian Wheat Board is so vital to the fortune of farmers that all farmers in every province and territory would belong? Funny thing though, I never hear of farmers in Ontario, Quebec, or the Maritimes demanding to gain entry into the Canadian Wheat Board? I only see the misinformed, usually Liberal types such as Wayne Easter, demanding that Western farmers continue to be limited by the western monopoly of the Canadian Wheat Board? Why is it that eastern politicians are fighting to keep western farmers constrained by the Canadian Wheat Board? I'm sorry, this situation doesn't pass the sniff test!

"Why is it that eastern politicians are fighting to keep western farmers constrained by the Canadian Wheat Board?"

See "necesary evil" post.

Wheat has always played a role in the political word. Ask any Aussie! No less so in Canada. Ask a Pole!

Comment

That should say world...not word.

Comment

There will only be silence to that very obvious question.

Comment

Good question. Ask the PM and minister of ag.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...