• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Property Rights is Integral to Commodity Marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Property Rights is Integral to Commodity Marketing

From today's, Ottawa Citizen comes this quote:

China's Vice-Chairman Wang Zhaoguo said that property ownership was "increasing with each passing day" and that owners "urgently require effective protection of their own lawful property accumulated through hard work."
    UNQUOTE

Parsley

It's a shame the effort hasn't been as strong by the federal gov't and others to give us property rights as it has been to give us choice right?

Comment

It's a shame the effort hasn't been as strong by the federal gov't and others to give us property rights as it has been to give us choice right?

Comment

Comment

Too bad the the effort all along by the Fed's and others (yourself included parsley) hasn't been in this direction instead of a single mided foucus on another issue, This would have done a lot more good and accomplished much the same results that you desire. Do you think Strahl et. al will be as quick to embrace property rights for landowners and producers as they have been to embrace the choice campaign?

Comment

What property rights that we do have, are subject to the CROWN.

Comment

Wilagro would like to continue to have all property rights,such as for wheat,to continue to be only subject to the will of majorities.

As our hero Marx observed;true communism is simply the end of private property.

Comment

Jd4me;you're right,the entrenchment of private property would end the CWB and all such mass expropriation schemes.

The cwb monopoly is something of an anomoly though in Canadian law.End it and we've returned a whole lot of property and rights to the system.

A constitutional amendment is ahuge project.Tons of left wing and enviro resistance.

By the way;an April fools present for the CWB might lead to its demise;its inclusion under Access To Information.

Comment

JD4ME,

I really appreciate your acute observation.

The problem is that even on this site, after all this time, farmers still often don't understand that the denial of licenses is the CWB's method of expropriating DA grain, which is the farmer's property.

Many farmers still think the Board merely markets the grain instead of taking ownership of it, because the farmer either sells it to the Board or eats it.

Our constitution allows the Government to expropriate, but there are conditions for doing so. Targeted expropriation,ie, "Let's just take JD4ME's wheat", is discrimination, as opposed to the CWB expropriating the entire national uranium industry, which adopted with prior public intent.

On the other hand, the CWB has sneakily, adopted a policy which is discriminatory, aimed only at DA farmers. Without reigning in, the CWB may, in the future, decide that only Ukranians will be denied export licenses. Or Baptists. Or JD4ME's.

Property righs would help, but knowing the CWB and their Directors who run amuk, they already ignore the term "discrimination" in the charter, so why would heed any other charter rumble-strips?

Parsley

Comment

winwin: I'm not a "Marxist" or a "communist", so don't put words in my mouth. I also didn't mention the CWB in my reference to the "CROWN".

I am also NOT a "Royalist", and our so-called "rights", might be better protected under a republican model of government...who knows?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...