• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

STATS Can Just Phoned

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATS Can Just Phoned

Stats Canada just phoned for my seeded acreage and on farm grain. I love giving them this information. HA HA.
    But hopefully this year they will have some interesting results.
    One canola acreage isn't what they think it will be.
    Peas and Oats are through the roof.
    Lentils are coming back.
    Durum is up substantially and Hrs people are voting with their drill.
    Did any one else get the call.

I seem to get the call every damned year. My answers get farther from the truth every year. I just did the enviromental survey and told em what I felt like. I think I still have to do the financial one.
    The crop intention survey is the one that drives me nuts. Why should I say what I'm planting? If I plant wall to wall canola, and so does everyone else, and we tell statscan, we all lose a fortune! Statscan is about manufacturing bureaucratic jobs, not about "accurate targeting of government programs". Tell 'em were all growing hemp and safflower!

Comment

For the last 3 years I have asked how anonymous they are, when they say completely, I mention I also have 10 acres of recreational hemp as a cash crop. Stunned silence, they ask if I am serious, I ask if it is really anonymous, they say yes, I say I am serious then. They must mean it because I have never had a follow up visit (kind of disappointed really).
      They can waste my time but I can still have fun when they call. FCC has internet surveys, at least they come at a convenient time.

Comment

Laugh out loud funny, Ron. I'll remember that one for next year.

Comment

The Government collects farmers' info and has always sold it to "interested parties" for cash. I have always argued that farmers should pocket the cash for profits from the distribution of their own information.

I wonder if this Government is continuing this practice?

Parsley

Comment

Ron I told your story today at the Dealership and every one bust a gut laughing.
            Funny I bet next year their will be lots of recreational crops in the survey.
            Great one!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ron u got it right,I'll borrow your answers next year too. Stats CAN't (should be) asks us downeasters the same basic questions and understand diddly about blueberries,grain is not so common on most farms here,bb's are a two year crop and nothing like strawberries,the closest they have came is the comment " they must be like saskatoon berries". what do we get out of this anyway??Any good seeds Ron? lol

Comment

$50/hr for surveys & $1000/field sign.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...