• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINISTER STRAHL TO ANNOUNCE BARLEY PLEBISCITE RESULTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MINISTER STRAHL TO ANNOUNCE BARLEY PLEBISCITE RESULTS

OTTAWA, Ontario, March 27, 2007 – The Honourable Chuck Strahl, Minister of Agriculture and Agri-Food and Minister for the Canadian Wheat Board, will hold a news conference at the Château Laurier on Wednesday, March 28, to announce the results of the barley plebiscite.

Media representatives will be able to listen to the Minister's address by calling 1-888-265-0464. No media questions will be taken by phone.

EVENT:
    News conference

DATE:
    Wednesday, March 28

TIME:
    11:15 a.m. (local time)

L’Orangerie room (mezzanine level)
    1, Rideau Street
    Ottawa, Ontario

For more information:

Media Relations
    Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
    Ottawa, Ontario
    613-759-7972
    1-866-345-7972

My guess is CWB no longer will have single desk authourity and will still be encouraged to market barely thru a pool system.

Vote outcome, to keep barley under single desk will have the highest votes. Dual market next.

Anyone else got some guesses?

Time is 7:36 MST.

Comment

My guess is the middle question/open market with a CWB alternative will be highest at 40 % with both status quo/no CWB role in barley similar at 30 %.

Any other quesses?

Comment

My guess is he'll spin it the way he needs to spin it and somehow Quebec will end up with another 3 billion dollars.

Comment

And I agree with charlies numbers

Comment

well not completely 1-30,2-50,3-20

Comment

1-60%, 2-20%, 3-20%. Too many people hate change. Vote does not matter, change will come. Dual is in.

Comment

Wrap,

1-39%
                2-32%
                3-29%

Provincial breakdowns anyone?

AB 2&3 69%
                SK 2&3 59%

Comment

62% want change, Finally we know that the CWB has not fulfilled its duty to Canadian farmers if 62% of us wish its demise.
                  To the Liberals bring it back yea that's a good game plan the same as your useless Ag Policy of the last 13 years.
                  To all the CWB supporters they just said they couldn't compete against open market yesterday before the results were shown, Boy that must make you all the more proud of their accomplishments.
                  Maybe Agriculture is finally changing.

Comment

results were 1-38 2-48 3-14 draw your own conclusions.

Comment

http://www.agr.gc.ca/cb/ip/pdf/bk_e.pdf

Comment

vader, your thoughts?

Comment

One down, with one more to go!

Comment

Hope I am still farming when it happens.

Comment

If you go to
                              www.smalldeadanimals.com
                              today's date Look at the update about Goodale mouthing off and then check out the survey that the CWB did back in April check out how eerily close the results were to today's plebiscite announcement I had forgotten how the #'s fell out .
                              Maybe fransisco or wd9 or one of you other computer guys can get the results here and save people the headache
                              How much money was spent and another year lost when Strahl could have called the CWB's polling his consultation did his order in council to remove barley and wheat for that matter and we all would have had marketing choice in 06 during the greatest bull run we have ever seen. The time frames were the same

I'll call on Strahl to do that with wheat as well use the CWB's own polling from last April.
                              Get er Done!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...