• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MINISTER STRAHL TO ANNOUNCE BARLEY PLEBISCITE RESULTS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The original version of the innovative research group survey has been removed and replaced by a sanitized one.

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/library/publications/popups/pdf/prod_surveyjune2006.pdf

I will send you to the 1 800 ASK 4CWB or a farm business rep to get a copy of the original document or use access to information after April 1. Alternatively, email or call me and I will fax you a copy of the relevant pages (info in the moderator section).

I put some of the information (not provincial breakdown) in another post. Curiously enough in hindsight, Saskatchewan and Manitoba farmers did move move away from the dual market (plebiscite versus survey). Alberta percentages in the two processes are almost identical.

http://www.agri-ville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1173717446

My guess on results is that they will mirror very closely the Innovative Research Group results commissioned and released by the CWB spring 2006. The pages are 24 and 25 for those of you who have the report. With a three part question asked permit book holders, results were 29 % CWB only domestic human consumption and export, 46 % open market with a CWB alternative and 19 % no CWB at all. With the plebescite going out to non permit book holders, would suspect the numbers would shift to more of the open market questions but the real issue will be who votes/who doesn't express their opinion.

Comment

Someone hightlighted that the CWB survey results (page 24) are posted on www.smalldeadanimals.com (have to scroll down some). Would drop the hint to post pages 25 and 26 as well. They are relevant to the discussion. The whole report is a must as read as provides lots of good information about farmer opinion. It was also done in a less emotionally changed atmosphere than the current situation. A good survey once you remove the CWB spin. Will have to go to the CWB directly to get.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...