• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barley Vote Results on AgCanada Website

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barley Vote Results on AgCanada Website

[URL="http://www.agr.gc.ca/cb/index_e.php?s1=ip&page=ip60908a"] Click Here to visit the Agricutlure Canada Website with more information on the Barley Vote Results.[/URL]

The CWB webcast responding to the plebiscite results/federal government is also on line. Not techie enough to hotlink so will have to clip and paste.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/webcast/viewEvent.cgi?eventID=1788600

Comment

I feel your pain sawfly.Cash around here is tight from poor crops in many of the last ten years.

With that being said,myself,I would only invest in things that you absolutely cannot do without,or items that will actually make money for the farm fairly quick.Otherwise I don't think it's a very good business decision to increase debt load just to get the little piece of the government pie,which is taxable anyway.

On another note I believe with the gov't being so green these days that the efp program will be extended into the future giving farmers more time to make use of it.

Good Luck.

Comment

I hear you Sawfly, just curious as to what your age is?? Because being under thirty your position is better than mine.

Comment

The rule we try to follow on our farm is to spend $20/acre per year on machinery. And your total machinery investment should be $150-250/acre (depending on soil zone) including the value of leased machines and assuming you don't get any custom work. but i would seriously look at getting some custom work or renting a swather for a couple of days.

Comment

we run about 150$/ acre for machinery. dk. brown zone.
            as for age closer to 50, had a divorce set me back about 10- 15 years.

good thing i like farming, because i wont be retireing on land equity.

Comment

Run approx 200/ac on mostly rented land, buying land just wont work for me (ROI), the enviormental farm plan looks great for offsetting costs on your wish list, stuff you want/need because it will save you money (my wife laughs her ass off whenever I say "buying this will make us money", not sure why? LOL).
              My list includes technotill packers, GPS autosteer, rate controller for NH3, maybe fert bins for this fall (the bins are reaching though).
              I think you have defined the farmers favorite hobby with your topic name, here all these year I have been telling everybody it is curling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...