• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cottonpicken Wants to discuss Money supply

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cottonpicken Wants to discuss Money supply

Cottonpicken says this in the Australian Wheat Marketing thread:

"Oh yea hell,marketing and markets are easy for everyone to figure out.

Especially for everyone here.Greatest consentration of brain marketing power ever assembled.Who cares if we never talk about the yen carry trade,derivatives,interest rates,money supply,gold,jim rodjers.We all got it figured out its easy.

In fact seeing as how we all know so much, why farm ?We can just jump into the markets and get margined to the hilt and make money because we know everything."

Could we talk about it in this thread?

Ok pars what did you think of russias m2 numbers last year?

Comment

Does the explosive derivatives growth concern you?

Comment

Are you concerned about the unwinding of yen carry trade drying up global liquidity and thus pressuring commoddities downward?

Comment

What do you think of jim rodgers latest comments about sub-prime morgage problem?

Comment

Do you think the fed reserve has lost control of the interest rates do to the recent announcement of china wishing to deversifie out its foreign reserves?

Comment

Do you see a buying opportunity in gold seeing as how the historic gold/oil ratio is so far out of wack?

Comment

Is the current oil spike do to geo-political tensions or the massive decline rates in the north sea and cantrell oil fields?

Comment

cottonpicken,

Please don't think I was being sarcastic when I started this thread, I wasn't

I think your idea for discussing commodities is a dandy one and you have a lot to teach me and I think I can learn things from you.

I laid some money down on the 27 February.

Ironically, cotton, I have never bought a lottery ticket in my life!

Parsley

Comment

I'm finding the 'technical indicators' are becoming almost meaningless. It is getting very hard to read the market, not like I ever could, but with energy and food safety issues and fund buyers flipping in and out, it is becoming quite difficult. Seems it takes real bad actual weather and not a weather scare to affect the market like it used to also.

Maybe I'm just watching it closer nowadays, but look at last week with quick up and down in canola, because China bought a cargo? Doubtful. Oil went up canola goes down, Oil went down, canola went down. 2 billion dollar biofuel announcement, no effect.

At least I think this is what you guys wanted to discuss, commodities and price.

Comment

Risk...it's all about risk. How much cash can you actually afford to lose?

Derivitives are the yo mammas of risk. They are the real boogeyman for me.

Another risk is instant information! Is it good or is it bad? It's there. Now! Act or snooze?

wd9 I really like your fighting figures! Thanks

Parsley

Comment

Cp I would love to know how you made out with Friday's USDA announcement!

Comment

Snap,it never effected me at all allthough new crop pricing will now be on hold for a while.Weve got a real hemerage going on in overnight trade.

This is the first major buying oppurtunity weve had in a while.

Comment

Note the market is not locked limit down/is trading (noon Alberta time). Been aride. Lets see 40 cents/bu pain times 5000 bu/contract equal US loss $2,000/contract. Ouch. Why I don't trade anymore. Maybe a good time to buy but need nerves of steel and fat bank account (not your only source of money).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...