• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option 2 is "Advice to the Minister"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the plus side though his spelling is better than most monopolists and he seems to know when to capitalize letters.

Comment

Although punctuation seems to be a bit of a problem.

<blockquote>"What will this cost farmers and who will pay."</blockquote>

For future reference Vader questions should end with a question mark.

They look like this.

<b>?</b>

Comment

You're a really twisted personality A.S. i.e. you sure know how to twist statements to support your point of view. Strange I thought the CWB elected directors could speak for us as Minister Strahl can speak for his constituents, or am I missing something about democracy working for one side and not another?

Comment

I won't deny I'm a little twisted, Agstar. But think about it, we all have to be a little twisted to spend so much time on this issue.

Comment

Yes , I agree, but what else can you do when spring is'nt coming?

Comment

AdamSmith,

Jan 23 2006 was a message the CWB could not miss... as a landslide of Conservatives were elected from the "designated area"... who are responsible for the CWB Act and its execution.

Goodale and Alcock before Strahl had tried to get these CWB Directors to do a reality check... William, Betty, Bonnie... the list goes on and on... of appointed directors who rang the CWB Bell... and the Communists refused to listen...

Now understand how foolish these COmmunists were to turn down the $1.5 billion offered to transition the CWB over 5 years to the choice market place.

It is the Crow all over again... and they have no one but themselves to blame.

Spilt milk and sour g****s, bad management and arrogance...

Are the result of a disfunctional monopoly that delivers poor results for the majority of grain growers who must make a living using it.

Flaman still won't give up on locking down the Organic industry... with CWB handcuffs...

There are none so blind... as those who refuse to see.

Option 2; Find out how many barley stocks the CWB actually own... including stock swaps with its Agents...

These swaps and ownership should have always been public numbers... just like open interest in the WCE Western Barley COntract.

For Vader to say the CWB was not involved in domeswtic feed barley is not factually correct... CWB Agents have always been... and leveraged big time off CWB barley stocks.

This disposition is not going to be nice.

Just like the personal attack on Parsley... We are headed for new lows here!

Comment

Poor AS cannot distinguish between the terms farmers, directors, CWB, government etc. etc.

If poor AS could read english he would not see any contradictions.

AS cannot understand the difference between being a director with a fiduciary duty to act in the best interest of the organization and a director who is manipulated to do the bidding of one shareholder to the detriment of the majority. That is the problem with a shared governance system. An organization with two bosses with what can be diametrically opposed views and objectives.

On the vote, AS you are mixing yourself up. I say to-may-to, you say to-mat-o. I say the producers failed to vote for the exclusion of barley from the CWB Act which is what the law requires for the Minister to advance his policy position. You say producers voted in favor of excluding barley from the exclusive jurisdiction of the CWB which is your policy position. Your policy position is irrelevant when it comes to changing the law. You might have a policy position of killing unborn children. Who cares!

Comment

Agstar, there's a big difference between pointing out the twisting and turning vs. the one who is actually doing it.

There is a reason Vader can't be consistent with his arguments from line to line. If he were the conclusions would be different.

Just like the Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland it's "Sentence first! Verdict afterwards."

Comment

As an interesting note, not all barley producers are permit book holders - directors cannot argue they represent these individuals. The CWB activities have as much impact on their business as do it does on permit book holders. A major objective was to include all barley grower feedback and to include this information in a decision.

I am always interested in the comment that the feed barley market is an example of why an open market won't work for barley in general. Just seeking clarity around this comment. I will note the current CWB feed barley basis is about $6/tonne over at port or $50 under in the CWB catchment around Saskatoon. Current non board basis in the same region is about $15 to $20/tonne under.

Comment

Read your own and Adam Smith's comments again Vader you are saying both "to-may-to and to-mat-o."

Comment

T4 , you are the one creating new lows with your talk about communists. Those kinds of statements are totally off the wall. Take a valium and relax, go read a bible.

Comment

My post should be "WCE catchment area around Saskatoon - not CWB catchment area" Sorry about that.

Will leave the combatents to their own discussion about grammar/other issues.

Will note for everyone else who follows but doesn't post is that participation is as important as anything. I write everyday and you can see my mistakes. Based on me, the bar is pretty low for grammar, spelling and forgetting words. Your ideas are what is important.

Comment

I can help you frisco. But first you have to tell me very slooooowly what you don't understand.

Comment

Precisely,

Not lets get back to the fun we're all having.

It's the forest not the trees.

Fact. A large number of wheat and barley farmers want a change in the marketing system that allows for free interaction between the buyers of grain and the sellers of grain. This involves the freedom to accept a deal as well as the freedom to reject what is offered and go to the next guy. The exact numbers are irrelevant as it is clearly shown by this plebiscite (48% #2, 14%#3), the MB plebiscite (40%), or the cwb's own survey numbers.

Fact. These numbers represent real people, they aren't just statistics that can be manipulated and as you say twisted to come to desirable conclusions. They represent people and they deserve to be treated in a manner in keeping with a modern free society. These are the same people that the CWB will be dealing with whether it retains it's monopoly or not.

Fact. The CWB has zero regard for these peoples desire to sell grain independently of the cwb. The Minister is trying to accommodate these desires. The Minister is also trying to accommodate those who may wish to still deal with the cwb, by maintaining the cwb as an option, of course it will no longer be mandatory so the cwb will have to adjust.

Fact. Every word uttered by the CWB directors has shown that they have zero intention of reforming to accommodate the desires of this large group of farmers. The directors just attack the Minister as if he we're the problem.

Fact. The Minister isn't the CWB directors problem, the directors problem are the 62% of farmers who want change, real and meaningful change.

Fact. The CWB has no idea how to deal with this reality, so they just stall for time by attacking the Minister who is trying his best at dealing with this impossible organization.

Comment

Who do you think is in charge of the CWB Rod who has final say?

The Minister

The Directors

The Farmers

An equal shared governance i.e. two bosses, three bosses.

You switch back and forth between all of these, as Adam Smith pointed out, sometimes within the same breath.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...