• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option 2 is "Advice to the Minister"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize the difficulty here in that there are at least 4 options from which to choose, and who knows maybe more.

I know 2 options seems to be the max that monopolists can handle looking at at any one time but please try.

Comment

AS or BS as you will have it. You wouldn't know a fact if it kicked you in the shins. Most of your "fact" is in fact your opinion.

Frisco,

The Directors are in charge. That is the law. The Minister is trying to take over. That is obvious. The courts will decide. The Ministers irresponsible actions will cost farmers money. That is a fact.

Comment

I have always appreciated that you are both creative and clever, Vader, but the CWB, with your blessing, remains a Vic20. Remember them?

What are you thinking? The operating world the Board has built and that you are trying to retrofit to stuff down Snappy's system cannot connect to Western farmers wired with global thinking.

We simply cannot be partners.

You would do well to listen. If the CWB wants to survive, they would be wise to compromise on organics, and issue no-buyback licenses to those producers applying for them.

Organics is quicksand as you will find out. Are you soon ready to negotiate? Or do you want to head for the next round? You seem a little bruised and cranky this morning.

Parsley

By the way, do you think if I wrote the Minister and explained to him why global thinking and global buyers are important, he would read it and learn more about organics, Vader?

Comment

"Then farmers would know that the CWB had only one boss."

Vader wants the BOD to be the one and only BOSS of the CWB. Vader also wants the CWB to retain it's single desk status in which only the BOD get to decide what the price of grain is and who can buy and who can sell.i.e. be the BOSS of ALL FARMERS and impose all marketing decisions on those farmers.

Single desk status that can only exist if the CANADIAN GOVERNMENT allows it to exist.

The problem for Vader is the government doesn't want this and most farmers don't want this. But that doesn't deter Vader, because in his world the only legitimate expression of what farmers want is CWB Director Elections. Federal Elections are meaningless, asking farmers directly their opinion of the single desk is meaningless only the opinions and the decisions of CWB Directors are what count.

The Directors want a billion, well we better give it to them because they are the Directors of the CWB after all and they are the Bosses.

Give me a break Vader. Your drunk with delusions of grandeur. Go sleep it off, you'll feel better in the morning.

Comment

Carol Husband parsley, tell the Minister what you want. Tell him you represent the OSPG. Tell him that you put my name on your membership list so that you could pretend to represent more people than you really do. This may have been more of John's doing than your own. How many members does OSPG have. What does it do for its members besides being a ficticious vehicle for John's writing?

Comment

Vader said, "AS or BS as you will have it. You wouldn't know a fact if it kicked you in the shins. Most of your "fact" is in fact your opinion."

I said, "Fact. A large number of wheat and barley farmers want a change in the marketing system that allows for free interaction between the buyers of grain and the sellers of grain."

Vader believes that this just opinion.

I said, Fact. These numbers represent real people, they aren't just statistics that can be manipulated and as you say twisted to come to desirable conclusions. They represent people and they deserve to be treated in a manner in keeping with a modern free society.

I guess Vader doesn't believe in the concept of respecting other people and their wishes. That's just someone's goofy opinion.

I said, "Fact. Every word uttered by the CWB directors has shown that they have zero intention of reforming to accommodate the desires of this large group of farmers."

Please direct me to the information that suggests otherwise. I have never seen one sentence written anywhere where the CWB has presented anything that would indicate they are prepared to work within a competitive system.

I said, "Fact. The Minister isn't the CWB directors problem, the directors problem are the 62% of farmers who want change, real and meaningful change.

If you can't recognize this as fact Vader, you have no business being a director of the cwb.

I said, " Fact. The CWB has no idea how to deal with this reality, so they just stall for time by attacking the Minister who is trying his best at dealing with this impossible organization."

Ok, I'll give this one to you, this is my opinion.

Comment

Vader said, "AS or BS as you will have it. You wouldn't know a fact if it kicked you in the shins. Most of your "fact" is in fact your opinion."

I said, "Fact. A large number of wheat and barley farmers want a change in the marketing system that allows for free interaction between the buyers of grain and the sellers of grain."

Vader believes that this just opinion.

I said, Fact. These numbers represent real people, they aren't just statistics that can be manipulated and as you say twisted to come to desirable conclusions. They represent people and they deserve to be treated in a manner in keeping with a modern free society.

I guess Vader doesn't believe in the concept of respecting other people and their wishes. That's just someone's goofy opinion.

I said, "Fact. Every word uttered by the CWB directors has shown that they have zero intention of reforming to accommodate the desires of this large group of farmers."

Please direct me to the information that suggests otherwise. I have never seen one sentence written anywhere where the CWB has presented anything that would indicate they are prepared to work within a competitive system.

I said, "Fact. The Minister isn't the CWB directors problem, the directors problem are the 62% of farmers who want change, real and meaningful change.

If you can't recognize this as fact Vader, you have no business being a director of the cwb.

I said, " Fact. The CWB has no idea how to deal with this reality, so they just stall for time by attacking the Minister who is trying his best at dealing with this impossible organization."

Ok, I'll give this one to you, this is my opinion.

Comment

Vader...testy,testy!!!Falling back to the only defense...emotion??You continue to show your shallowness.

Comment

OSPG was formed and has always been a producer organization with one goal in mind, with only one mandate, that being marketing wheat and barley free from the CWB.

Vader, You must be confused. I do not act as a spokesman for OSPG.

I did look up online and found OSOG had a membership of 150, and 2 days later a new posting revised the number to 160.

All producer organizations should be encouraged, wouldn't you agree?

Parsley

Comment

I did a little checking Vader, and I don't think that you ever had a membership or paid a fee that can be found.

I'm sorry if the treasurer didn't get the cheque, but you are not on the membership list, unless you joined just recently, of course. Advise on that one.

The only reference to Flaman with regards to OSPG is in a is in an OSPG Press Release dated June 15, 2000.

QUOTE:

"Edenwold, Saskatchewan farmer Rod Flaman is in organic transition. He is well aware of the Board's contradictions.

He was refused a license to export his U.S. milling quality wheat even though the CWB only markets this variety as feed grain. Flaman explains that in the letter he received from the CWB legal department telling him that he would have to do the buyback, it stated exactly "The legislation allows no exceptions"

Flaman comments, "what the CWB did in Creston-Wyndell totally contradicts what they wrote to me. If they were not breaking the law, how can they be telling me the truth?"
                      UNQUOTE

The Press Release does not say Flaman was an OSPG member, and the membership lists do not list him either.

Parsley

Comment

Vader, you claim the directors are in charge of the CWB but who is in charge of the directors. If your answer is what I think it is then you should respect the results of the vote that are very close to the CWB's own numbers from your own survey and listen to your boss.

Comment

Evader: Clarification, please.

you wrote:
                          <i>Tell him that you put my name on your membership list so that you could pretend to represent more people than you really do. This may have been more of John's doing than your own.</i>

This implies that you believe that your name was on this membership list. Is this what you are saying?

And if so, what evidence supports this allegation?

When you answer, I will explain why I am interested.

Comment

Vader, Thank you for your efforts, information and advice, unfortunately most of the naysayers on this site are legends in their own minds. Big time operators that hit home runs all the time. They don't need any help at all, privateers, one day in angribusiness the next angribusiness consultants, guess if they fail in angribusiness they can always go to work in the patch!

Comment

Everyone got that, without the cwb we're all going to have to work in the oilpatch.

Well thank god the oilpatch functions in a free market so there is growth and opportunity within that sector of the economy so us soon to be failed "angribusiness" types can get jobs.

Comment

Burbert, I can only speak for myself but it would be greatly appreciated and very helpful to me the producer of barley if the new CWB could help me in providing the option to market my product through them. I, unfortunately do not hit home runs very often if at all, therefore the option of having the CWB market my barley would be very beneficial to my operation. The more options the better. That is why I try to use all the tools at my disposal and feel the CWB would be another of those important tools in my arsenal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...