• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Option 2 is "Advice to the Minister"

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VaderRod if the directors are in charge who has final approval on where the initial payments are set and who guarantees them?

I always thought it was the government? When did this change?

Comment

Vader,Rod is it the board of directors then that fired Measner and not the government?

After all if the government is not in charge then they couldn't possibly fire the CEO.

Comment

Vader,Rod so when you talk about 'shared governace' it is that you are the boss and the federal government then takes orders from you?

Comment

Vader,Rod so what is the purpose then of having a federal CWB minister? Is he then merely a figurehead like the Queen of England?

Comment

Vader,Rod so what is the purpose then of having a federal CWB minister? Is he then merely a figurehead like the Queen of England?

Comment

In the real world, when the majority of shareholders vote to change the direction of a company and the BOD refuses to conform with their ideas, the BOD are fired and replaced with directors of the majority's choice. Minister Stahl should fire all the non-conformists, hold an election and get a BOD who will want to work at making the CWB a viable company. If Mr. Flaman dare use my money to fight the government to reverse the last plebiscite, I think he should be personally liable for his actions. By the way, I voted for option 3 and I could'nt give a rats a** if this corrupt organization died tomorrow morning.

Comment

Anybody else here got the balls to say who they are?

Comment

I already said who I was on another post. No big secret, nothing to hide.

Comment

Wedino your absolutly right.
                    The CWB, Vador/Rod and the rest of the status quo supporters have been seeing these results for years now and ignoring the REAL direction farmers have been giving them.
                    Thats why most farmers have quit growing board grains with the exception of whats needed in a rotation. They have been voting with their feet.
                    The CWB had NO right nor my permission to use my money to lobby for the retention of the status quo, or for any court challenges to pursue the protection of the status quo. That is stealing my money.
                    I have seen some of the directors and appointees out and out bold face lie in the media forum, to try and scare hard working farmers into supporting their single desk agenda. They have called this Democratic..........HA
                    Now we have a government who is actually doing the democratic thing, and they are crying wolf.....
                    Makes me sick
                    I hope they feds keep moving towards choice and real freedom in ALL grains.

Comment

Who ultimatly runs the CWB?
                      Evader would say it is the BOD. However, i am sure that if Dion was in the position to re-instate the barley monopoly powers to the cwb suddenly the ag minister would be the one who had final say.....

Comment

I respect Mr. Rod Flaman for being upfront about who he is. I didn't actually ask who he was I just wanted to know if he worked for the CWB or was a director. He was very forthcoming with more of an answer than expected. It takes a lot of confidence in oneself to do that. I respect him for that but not for the position he takes in the CWB debate.

Comment

I would like vader to tell us when was the last time he actually spoke to the conventional farmers that elected him? Does he even care anymore what they want from the cwb?

By the sounds of his comments here it sounds like it is he who will make all the decisions and not the farmers whose product they are supposed to be selling.

I was under the impression that the board was supposed to be finding premium prices for our grain instead of searching for ways to fight the will of average farmers.

Comment

it was not my choice but the majority have spoken.
                            the questions were slanted , but if farmers didn't realize that a board without any priceing powers, is of little benifit . thats their problem.

i was at a wheat board meeting a year ago and asked the cwb guy how malt barley price was set.
                            it was 2$ and something a bushell, i asked why do you let the domestic maltsters steal it for that?
                            your the board stick it to them, or your gonna lose the whole thing.
                            guess what?

Comment

Can’t a domestic maltster simply import barley if the CWB asking price is too high?

Comment

Fran, I don't mind the government having the final say on payments if they are providing the guarantees. Those guarantees however are on the WTO chopping block. This is not unlike the crow benefit. When the guarantees are gone producers should be compensated.

The CWB has asked the Minister to allow the CWB to manage the interim, adjustment and final payments. This would enhance cash flow for producers and would be a real benefit.

Why does the Minister not grant this as it was envisioned in the CWB Act. Producers should be up in arms over this and lobbying the government.

This Ministers use of his limited control over the CWB is not being used for the benefit of producers. It is being used to agitate the dual market debate in hopes that he can deliver on his neo-con election promise.

Ormond Wedin(o). What a tired ploy that is asking for my resignation. Why don't you run in the CWB election if you think that I am wrong and you are right.

Lornie Ridgie(way). You need to show me where the CWB has to consult with you before spending money. Who died and made you king. Maybe you should get your neo-con friends Batters, Scheer, Komarnicki et al to help you launch a legal challenge. Or maybe they can get their boss to issue an "order" to stop the CWB from spending your money.

Please feel free to tell me each and every single time I make you sick. It is important that I know these things.

Silverback. I don't know what district you are in. If you were in my district you would probably know that I hold many meetings in my district. I meet with many farmers in public meetings and small producer organized meetings. I attend marketing club meetings and other forums wherever I can. I enjoy talking to farmers and telling them the great things that the CWB is doing. I enjoy sharing my vision of the future of agriculture and the ways that the CWB can be a constructive, productive and progressive part of that future.

Decision. Yes of course I will be making decisions. That is my job. That is why I ran to be elected and that is why producers elected me. If I didn't make decisions and if I relied on a few individuals on this posting or in my district to make my mind up for me I would be abdicating my responsibility. I do consult and I do listen and I hear all kinds of things. Some voices are louder than others. Some voices are more insulting and derogatory than others. That does not make them more influential.

You can disagree with me all you like but when you get angry at me it does nothing to influence my decision. In fact it probaby causes an involuntary reaction which pushes me in the exact opposite direction. Brings out the desire to be combatant.

Was a fun day - thanks all. I think I have agitated enough for all of April and maybe May as well.

Rod

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...