• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale of Agricore United Terminal in Vancouver

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sale of Agricore United Terminal in Vancouver

Just curious as to why no one have commented on the sale of the Vancouver terminal.

http://www.agriculture.com/ag/futuresource/FutureSourceStoryIndex.jhtml;jsessionid=3LGV4WB4YA NQJQFIBQPSBHQ?storyType=grain&storyId=88900327

Would seem to put more competition in port and put some of the smaller grain companies/farmer owned terminals on a better competitive footing relative to the big guys. What are others thoughts?

What did FNA buy?

Comment

Looks to me like nothing.

Comment

Glad it got sold. Any competition on the coast that may help to bring down my elevation costs is a good thing. Sure do not like all my money going to a few big players. I like to spread it around a bit. Too bad about FNA, but at least its sold.... Now what to do about the railways...

Comment

Charlie, any word on the street if this group had to make a deal with the CWB for tonnage commitment to make it feasible? What are the consequences of a CWB deal to producers, single point grain terminals and the big boys? What will a CWB deal be worth if/when wheat moves to a voluntary system? I, personally believe the west coast is overbuilt with shipping capacity and would rather see the raw product processed here at home and not shipped out.

Comment

One thing I did not like about the FNA deal was that it was just a membership that the farmer purchased. Plus it sounded to good to be true. I could be wrong but as a member the farmer would not really be the owner. So then who would be the owner in the farmer member FNA deal.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...