• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nan-a-na-na,Nan-a-na-na

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nan-a-na-na,Nan-a-na-na

HEH-HEH GOODBYE!

WHEAT IS GONE!!!

-to the moon that is

Good news for canola, too.

Gleaned from Agriweek.

TRADE SOURCES IN CHINA project 30-40% lower ****seed area for the crop soon to be planted. Production could be as low as 8 mmt vs 12.7 last season and 13.7 in '05-06. China's annual use is a minimum 13 mmt. Imports could rise to 5 mmt in '07-08 from 500,000 to date in '06-07. China could also import more ****seed/canola oil than 150,000 estimated in '06-07 to date. If true, this could be extremely positive for canola in '07-08.

Comment

Hope they have preference for Canola over Palm. Certain parts of China may pay more for their Canola oil. Others may switch to palm.

Comment

With current FPC basis levels, how does a designated area farmer capture these opportunities?

Comment

With current FPC basis levels, how does a designated area farmer capture these opportunities?

Comment

CP, I have to admit your perpetual optimism gives me lots of chuckles - which are few and far between on Agri-ville.

Your phrase "to the moon" was a TV regular awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before your time. Hope you're right about the trend and that this isn't just a fund blip.

Seems to me you and I have a bottle of good stuff riding on this market. Trouble is I can't remember the details because I can't find the post where the bet was made. Any ideas?

At 8:41 Alberta time, Dec Chicago wgeat was at 5.40 1/4. Now at 8:45 it only at 5.35 1/2! Volatility, volatility, volatility.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...