• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when are you going to the field

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrowed one field yesterday and today was just lucky to get back out of the field we tried today. Will hook the 425 Hp tractor onto the light harrows for tomorrow and try again. Hopefully a little better floatation with the bigger tractor.

Comment

Having a harrow going in the fields actually stopped a few vehicles today, LOL

Comment

Eastern MB, fertilized grass on Monday (in the rain), seeded 1/2 section of oats Wed/Thu and are back to fertilizing winter wheat (in light rain again). Hopefully, all we get is this little bit of rain to wash in the fertilizer and then it'll stop so we can get back to seeding. As somebody else said, rain has a nasty habit of not knowing when to stop here in MB.

Comment

Finally getting some moisture today,very dry April here in south Central Manitoba.Seeding is over 75% done in the the area(if you beleive coffee shop row). Moisture is welcome as our area was extremely dry since last June.We feel for you guys out west fighting mud we have been there,done that,not much fun.

Comment

Now also have the cultivator working in the fields to dry out the ground. The ground is barely supporting the cultivator center section, got stuck twice and actually the first time I got stuck was higher up on the hill one wheel sunk down and was still able to pull just barely then the other center section wheel sunk that was an instant stall. Unhooked , pulled out with the chain to better ground, then hooked back up. I find it better to leave the shovels scratching, that takes weight off the wheels. Now I make sure I have a smaller hitch pin( easier to remove when stuck), good chain, good long rope, handy man jack, and a board for under the handy man so I don't have to use my new wrench set under the jack, phone.
            I am worried about this ground supporting the airdrill. I will work wet spots for a couple more days at least. Hope this forcasted rain stays away.

Comment

Started planting peas today. Barely getting over the field. Even a quarter inch of rain would be bad. Not sure how I will pull my drill when I put the midrow banders into the soil and pull the anhydrous tank. Anyone have a 550 Hp tractor for sale?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...