• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

marketing barley

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

charliep, This whole thing about barley, has actually in reality, been about COW FOOD (value added), boy am I ever becoming modern. Will this be the first successful coupe that the Alberta government has ever pulled, or ultimately it will be another disaster? Nobody gives a f*** anyway, just as long as the price of beer and cheerios doesn't go up to much. City people consider farmers to be bumkins and yokels. Recent developments indicate that we are, tearing down our own marketing organizations, how stupid can we bee!!

Comment

burbert

i tend to agree, whatever problems with the cwb we have or had.

also we were all getting rich off open market feed wheat and barley 2 years ago . Yeah Right.

it is still nuts to walk away from whatever marketing power you have.

chem and fert,rail co.s band together to screw us every day. Now we can add grain co.s to the list.

our fuedel masters all get together so one dosen't treat us better than the other.

We tend the lands to make their fortunes .

We figure kissimg their butts will get us ahead. for a few token ones it does eg. canola growers ass., Wheat growers assoc. alberta barley.

Good little peasents

the more value our labour the more they take, if we produce too much ,were expendible, just a burden .

St.Peter don't you call me cause I can't go.
      I owe my soul to Mon san to

Comment

Just a note that 80 % of the barley produced in western Canada is sold to the domestic livestock industry in an open market. Neither domestic livestock feeding or barley are likely to go away in the future - even without a CWB. If barley is not a profitable crop to grow, farmers will switch acres to other crops.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...