• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The worst stuck

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The worst stuck

Just thought to have some fun, can anyone give some new pics of other farmers or themselves stuck this spring?
    I was stuck 4 times in the same spot on a hill this spring pulling the cultivator, ended up planting around the ruts.
    I know another neighbour pulling a heavey harrow got stuck, ended up hiring a backhoe , and also broke the beads on the tractor tires. A 24 hour job in total.
    Another guy told me he got his 30 foot cultivator stuck working around sloughs 10 days ago, today it is still there. Burried and hooked on a rock somehow.
    Sorry I don't have any pics, Can anyone show pictures?

Uhmmmm, this is a commodity forum, alrighty then.

Comment

Go here, lots of good pictures. I never have a camera with me, but so far this spring: seeder twice, sprayer twice and four trucks stuck.

http://u15205752.onlinehome-server.com/forums/forum-view.asp?fid=2

Comment

This reminds me of a story. It happened when I was about 10 or 12. My cousin, who was 17 or 18 at the time, went to town on a Saturday night with my uncle's '49 Merc pickup. It was just before seeding time and my uncle warned him to get home at a decent time because he was going to have to prework some fields the next day. Of course, male teenagers being what they are, my cousin didn't get home 'til about 4:00 a.m. My uncle got him up at 6:00 or so and sent him to the field. Cousin fell asleep and drove the tractor (60 JD) and cultivator (12 ft. Graham-Home) into a very wet spot and got it stuck. Uncle and cousin were able to get the tractor out with help from two neighbors. However, they couldn't get the cultivator out. My cousin's job was to disassemble the cultivator, take it out piece-by-piece and reassemble it again! I remember my uncle retelling the story, with obvious glee in his eyes, many times over the years. Counsin was much better at getting home on time after that!

Comment

WD9,

"The Worst STUCK"

Are you sure we couldn't get this to spin into a CWB analogy?

I know it would disappoint you if I handn't told you...

my mind had wandered there...

THere should be some disassembly down there (at 423 main)... and we can get it out of this low spot... and reassemble it where it works better.

Oh, NO my better half says it should die... oh dear!

Comment

Tom, I have to confess that your thoughts about making this series of posts into an anti-Board thing made me laugh. I also enjoyed your wife's take on it. Her wisdom goes beyond her years. She should post here more often!

Comment

Had another laugh today, talked to the guy that got had his cultivator stuck, said he bought another one.

Comment

Anyone seen the pics of the `deere in the creek........didn`t loose the airseeder tho`.......it`s still hooked to the tractor.....just a funny angle....the cart hitch wasn`t as good a stuff....the cart is UPside down in the water.Will have to get the `kid to put it up here.....second thought ....the word is out so, soon the pics will be too!!!!!!Definitly not good!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...