• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBGA MEETINGS

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WBGA MEETINGS

THE WAY WE MARKET OUR BARLEY IS CHANGING

All events are in the evening -- 7:00 TO 9:00 pm

Agenda

Chair: Western Barley Grower Association representative

Presenter at all meetings will be

John DePape, a grain-industry consultant based in Winnipeg, MB

Commonly Asked Questions About Barley Marketing In A De-Regulated Market

Questions and Answers

Exhibition Grounds, Saddle Room

3401 Parkside Drive South

Lethbridge, AB T1J 4R3
    Phone: 403 328-4491

Link to map of grounds: http://exhibitionpark.ca/f_grounds.htm

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 -- Kindersley, SK

Kindersley Inn

601 11th Avenue East

Kindersley, SK S0L 1S1

Toll Free: 1-877-260-6555

Phone: (306) 463-6555

www.kindersleyinn.com

Tuesday June 19, 2007 -- Humboldt, SK

Humboldt Community Center

Good meetings to attend. Ask questions.

If you don't look after your business, someone else will do it for you.

Parsley

Just got off the phone with the WBGA office and have heard that they are posponing the "Barley Tour" meetings in Kindersley , Lethbridge and Humbolt.
    They are going ahead with one during Farm Progress in Regina, look to wbga.org for more details on time an location.
    They are developing a way for internet users to access video clips of speakers relating to the changes and opportunities out there, making it interactive as well.
    Erik

Comment

Gee, thanks, Erik.

Lee

Comment

Glad you corrected this eric. I am on holidays way way up in Northern Alberta and am out of touch about the changes. Thanks

Parsley

Comment

So Parsley, where are you holidaying "away up in N. Alberta?"

If you get close, be sure to stop in at Dunvegan. If you get north of High Level, which is really away up in N. Alberta, go a little bit farther north and go to Indian Cabins. Interesting cemetery there. Or go all the way to Hay River NWT.

If you're heading up the Alaska Highway by chance, it's a wonderful trip. Whitehorse and Dawson City will certainly entertain you.

Lee

Comment

melvill,

High Level was my home base, went in a private plane, and then went North, such exquisite country, I fell in love with it! I saw the Peace River at Fort Vermillion is really high right now, and filled with logs and scrub.

Helped hitch up a team of mules, and went for a five mile ride in a covered wagon with them, ate Alberta barbequed rare prime rib, drank enough wine until 2AM to finally notice the sun had JUST gone down, and really didn't give a damn at that point, and talked oil 3/4 of the time.

Will go back in a New York minute.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley, I'm positively green with envy. Do you mind telling me who had the mules and where they operate out of? Was it a farm vacation home?

Fort V is a little place but absolutely full of history and historic buildings. Did you get there or just fly over. I remember being there one day and watching five or six of those huge Canadair water bombers fill up in the Peace right across from the down town. Those planes carry over 1300 gallons of water and refill in 10 to 12 seconds. Quite a site!

Hope you got or get a chance to go to Dunvegan. Or Indian Cabins.

My family and I, too, would move back to the Peace in a N.Y. minute.

Comment

Not a tour, or business or anything like that,melvill, all private, plane and mules, too. My family, actually.

Drove to Fort V. in an antique refurbished Oldsmobile. You'd have loved it, but Parsley prefers the little Ranger.

Beautiful weather, few mosquitos, the Wolf Blass is just as tasty there as in anywhere, and I met a lot of fine folks. The helicopter crew neighbors are going to take me trimming treetops next time as I ran out of time.I'' be fishing next time in the little cabin in the Territories , and the copters may have to come and get me what with the big fish I catch.......

Parsley

Comment

BTW, I don't know if you can find one Wheat Board supporter after I left town.....

Parsley

Comment

Parsley, I'm still green!!! And to quote Kermit, "It's hard being green."

Comment

Well, I pretty much can get my way, so we can copter in and pick you up if you promise never to give me a bad time on Agrvl! You can come along fishing in Great Slave in "the spot".... a hideaway 40' deep, perfect grungely 'cabin' there.

Or we can leave u in the yard at home, where there is HUGE pond filled with gold fish, with a bridge over top for standing on. You could always net them..... he he.

Goldies are fairly big, been there for probably 10 years, but they are tricky little critters and not much more than an appetizer. GS will net you a 30 pounder.

Biggest fish I've ever caught is 22 lbs.

But you have to promise not to tell what we caught, or we dump you out for the bears. And we divide up your gear and clothes.

Parsley

Comment

2007 BARLEY TOUR
                        Regina Farm Progress Show
                        June Exhibition Park

Commonly Asked Questions About Barley Marketing in a De-Regulated Market

Questions & Answers - They are developing a way for internet users to access video clips of speakers relating to the changes and opportunities out there, making it interactive as well.

The purpose of the meetings is to help answer producers’ questions about selling their own barley. Farmers voted for market choice in the recent CWB plebiscite and the federal government has promised to move quickly to allow open barley marketing this year.

Jeff Nielsen says: “The simple fact is that barley marketing in Canada is changing. Up to this point, all we have heard on this subject is rhetoric. What we are aiming to do with our meetings is to provide producers with the practical information they need to thrive in the barley marketplace.”

Comment

Oh, Parsley, you're a hard, hard woman!lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...