• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DJ North Dakota Farmers Receive $2M Payout In CO2 Program-Union

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ North Dakota Farmers Receive $2M Payout In CO2 Program-Union

The state Farmers Union has announced $2 million in
    payments to North Dakota farmers and ranchers who enrolled in a program that
    rewards them for using no-till farming practices or growing grasses to limit
    the release of carbon dioxide from the ground.
    About 830,000 acres are enrolled under the state carbon credit program,
    Carlson said.

So I did the math and it works out to $2.40 US ($2.55 canadian) an acre for one year 06.

Now I am just woundering why in ND this is what farmers are getting for their CO2 and yet here it works out to pennies.
    HM are the company thats handling them in canada taking to much off the top for their endevors?

Oh wait this is Canada Every one else gets the Lion Share and the farmers get the scraps but they take all the risks.

Comment

when i went to a c-green presentation this year i had to conclude that what they were offering made the risk of retaining my c credits was a lot less than the risk of signing them over to c-green. now i see sask cons tillage is advising to hang on for a little while because they should bring more. same old story - don't be the first or last to sell.

Comment

We have signed over our carbon credits for 2003-2006 to C-Green with the thoughts that there was little risk in participating in a time frame that has already passed. However, we have only received a partial payment when the contract we signed stated that full payment would be made by the first quarter of 2007. We are very reluctant to sign anything over for future time periods based on C-Greens present and past performance as well as even the federal environment minister is recomending that individual producers hold on to their carbon credits. Perhaps the former NDPers behind C-Green are getting a little greedy with sticky fingers.

Comment

I hear now when you fly Air Canada you can spend an extra 20 dollars to offset your CO2. Should a ton be worth 20 dollars?

Comment

Some where in this new cash cow I hope Direct seeders get their fair share.
            We did sell to C-Green our previous years but are taking a wait and see.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...