• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

clearout41 plus recall

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clearout41 plus recall

How many people know about the recall?

For more information go to FNA's website.

I stumbled across it by accident.

Couldn't find link on fna site but here is the FBC article.

Six lots of ClearOut 41 Plus recalled 05.23.2007
    Farmers of North America (FNA) and Albaugh, the maker of glyphosate herbicide ClearOut 41 Plus, announced a recall May 22 of six lots of that product made at Albaugh’s Missouri plant.
    Manufactured between September and November 2006, the lots are A505360901, A505360902, A505360903, A505360936, A505361004 and A505361105. Albaugh president Spencer Vance said those lots are below the label’s stated level of active ingredient.
    Unused product, he said, can be returned for a full refund, while farmers who already used the product and can provide proof of purchase of product from any of those six specific lots may also request a refund.
    FNA, which organized imports of the product into Canada for farmers through the own-use import (OUI) program, will co-ordinate the recall and refunds and can be contacted toll-free at 1-877-362-3276.

http://www.agcanada.com/custompages/multistory.aspx?mid=154

Comment

We had both a fax and a phone call regarding the recall on the Clearout. They handled it well in my opinion. I had understood they were contacting everyone who had purchased in that time period.

Comment

You must have a much better relationship with FNA than I have. The first that I had heard about it was on the FNA home page. After a quick check of my empty Clearout containers and then a frantic phone call, all that I got was an "opps, sorry, we have been trying to contact everyone."

My opinion of FNA is starting to drop. It seems like every order that I have made from them ends up with some sort of problem. Usually with the product arriving about 5 days after I need it.

Just my experience so far.

Comment

Teralicks your a worker for monsanto you never bought any clearout 41 your trying to make it look like there is a huge problem with the generic stuff.
          HM monsanto never makes any problems.
          HA HA HA.

Comment

skfarmer3 must be very jealous that someone else found out information before he did.

Come to my farm and see my clearout tote with the affected lot number. Come to my farm and see the fields where .5l of clearout couldn't even kill flixweed and stinkweed.

If you actually paid attention to my post, you would see that my biggest problem is with FNA and their lack of communication with me over this matter.

Comment

Sorry to hear of your struggles terralex. Did FNA ever tell you what percentage of active ingredient the Clearout was short? We've had incredible results with .3-.5L. Anyhow, they should not have missed calling you about the recall.

Comment

I was short about 25% of the active ingedient. My other two totes had the full amount of active ingredient and I have no complaints with it.

Comment

Every acre we burned off this year plus some of our chemfallow was done with the ClearOut that did not have enough active ingredient. We thought we were in big trouble, but to our amazement we got a good kill on everything. We were doing our burn off with .4 to .5 l/ac. If you take away a third of the active ingredient we actually put on .27 to .33 l/ac. Our local chemical guy tried to throw it in our face about the problems with ClearOut. We told him to be careful because we got 100% weed control with this low of a rate. This seems like a pretty good endorsement for ClearOut.

Comment

Used .5 liter , the stuff is cheaper and always works for me. This year the custom applicator totally destroyed the grassy sloughs and ditches he touched. Awsome.

Comment

Forgot to mention the winter anuals that I did not spray in the fall and the dandilions that still look very ill.
                      Never got this much controle ever before from the most expensive stuff. Perhaps I got extra, not likely, seems the chinese imports are having plenty of difficulty these days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...