• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bees

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bees

Follow up:

Just home again, and working around flowering shrubs today, I am finding bumble bees galore, big fat ones tumbling from the branches, stumbling along the ground, in amongst the plants and everywhere! not any smarter than last year, and just as clumsy, but still as sporting.

I haven't noticed the wasps or miscellaneous oddballs yet, but if you want bumblebees, I can pick you a yougurt dishfull in 20 minutes and send them @150.00 FOB farm.

Parsley

Heard the WCE was looking at starting a bumble bee futures contract with delivery at Saskatoon. Heard the contract size was to be a bushel-sized container of the little buzzers. Other specs are 99% live, 99.99% male workers and one token female.

Comment

Never laugh melvill. We had folks out here selectively picking weeds.

Yup. Weeds.

Parsley

Comment

Were they pigweeds? My grandparents and my folks told me about eating pigweed greens. Claimed they tasted a lot like Swiss Chard. I can't say for sure 'cause, when I was growing up, our farm was so clean we didn't have any to eat. Milk cows and horse kept the yard grazed down. LOL.

Comment

Experimental. Testing Organic weeds yields truer results.

Have some other US University experimentation as well, but it's probably an '08 go unless things change fast.

Parsley

Comment

Will have to give Lee a hard time tomorrow (at a meeting) for his knowledge of bee biology. Will note that the males are not the worker bees - they are females. See below. Ah the power of googling.

http://www.bumblebee.org/lifecycle.htm

Comment

Perhaps you have to give him a little bees and birds training at your meeting if his problem is that he is not able to differentiate between the two!

melville, that really must suck for you.

Parsley

Comment

While you were away did the town turn to pot? is the little activist a relation or just a disciple of not being a conformist glad to hear you had fun up north.

Comment

Don't understand the question if it is even directed at me!

Pot? As in smoke in my lips?

Activist? Bees?

Maybe this is for Lee or Charlie

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...