• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat

Has made some incredible moves.
    Were closing in on the all time high.

I will place bets that the CWB will tack on another minus 20 cent basis across the board.

Comment

IF we want to guess what the CWB will do its simple anouther year of high prices will go buy and they will miss the market again.
      Sold to our good customers for 50cents on the dollar but got sales.
      wonder why worbiton likes us so much.

Comment

CBC story talking about $6.00 wheat is totally misleading. First they quote chicago wheat futures over $6.00 Canadian. That does not correalate to what we receive on the prairies. Leaves the impression we can capatilize on historic high U.S. futures. Found out last year that is not possible under the CWB monopoly.Maybe they should be talking about efforts of the friends of the CWB to try and deny producers current opportunities to capture good prices in the feed barley market.

Comment

Fixed Price Contract for #1 13.5 up to $242.75 today, June 14th. Quite the jump from Monday even. Where's it gonna go? I've committed some tonnage but given the evil spring we've has here, nervous to commit too much.

Comment

The FPC jumped, but the CWB took a couple more dollars off the basis this week. Pretty sneaky!

Comment

Take a futures only if you believe the basis is too wide

Comment

But when will they ever narrow the basis? I've bet on this too many times and been burned. It used to be that CWRS basis would be about $20 over. Then I lowered my expectations to $15 over, then $10 over. Now it's $3 over. The trend is definitely not my friend. I wonder what they will do next week when the new PROs come out? Hmmm.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...