• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vertical Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a faulty phone just cost me a couple thousand dollars today. Any men of vision that priced in the last few days before the big vertical down today. Mallee seems not much drying going on here the last couple days. Now I have some drowned out spots and will have to dig ruts with the sprayer. My crop is still on steroids compared to last years over wet conditions but things could change in a hurry.

Comment

I know guys that started shorting a few days ago,wish i could brag that i did but i didnt.

Malle,my personal opinion is that we will trend upward for a few more months and then have a blow off spike and then a moderate pull back,After that we'll have sideways trade for a significant amount of time.I anticipate it to look like the crude oil chart.

My greatest fear is this last rally was the blow off spike but a comparitive timeline to the other commodities that have already "ran" would suggest otherwise.As far as selling,a general rule i to sell into the uptrend.

Comment

Cottonpicken was it in 1996?? that wheat touched 7.00 and fell in a spectaular fashion like $2 or $3 a bushel in a matter of months, which i guess is the scenario your trying to illustrate.
        But dont you agree we have a new average for grain prices in the short to med term ie next 4 to 7 years with ethanol every increaing consumption and not enough production?
        not sure what historical cbot futures ave is lets say 3.00 that could well be in the 3.80 to 4.00 range for next few years, wheat im talking of course

Comment

Mallee do you grow soft wheat that sells into the Asian noodle market? Or if you grow a different type what kind of price can you get right now and for new crop?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...