• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB sells wheat at $30 tonne discount

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the CWB selling 1/12 of the crop per month, how much influence does that have on a sale like this to meet those targets?

PS, Malaysian palm report to be posted soon, just got back from the International Oilseed Producers Dialogue in Kuala Lumpur. Demand will continue to outstrip supply for at least the next 3 years so prices should remain strong on the veg oil complex. With BD and food demand synergy, it looks good. Must sleep first.

Comment

WD40 cant wait to here about the malaysian palm oil and demand.

Comment

"Put yourself in the boots of the CWB salesman and see how you would do things differently. They have to compete against other countries or didn't you know this?"

In response to the above statement and I do apologize for entering into this late.

Can the CWB not also compete on value? If the CWB brand has any value would not a premium be charged for it over other wheat commodities? Why would there be a discount?

And for the CWB salesmen, Who do they really compete with? How is their job performance measured? Tonnes sold? Actual value to producers?

Comment

I am guessing the CWB forcefully has wheat along the St. Lawrence at a certain time that needed to be sold. Keeping lake shippers happy and well fed and anyone else along the way except producers.
          I suppose they all have good Christmass parties.

Comment

Typical B.S. by anti CWB type like AS, now revealed that CWB had no part in this so-called discount sale. Grande Moinho Cearense said it paid 200 U.S per tonne F.O.B

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...