• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crop Conditions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crop Conditions

I have to upgrade my peas, wheat and canola all to a 10 now since the weekend rains.
    Some of the neighbor's winter wheats are starting to lodge.
    Another neighbor is having a hard time baling because the swath will not dry out.
    I usually do not use any fungicides but wondering about that now.
    How is everyone else doing?
    Agstar, did the crops come back from the hail damage?

0 rain on the weekend, if it turns hot again like predicted for next week look out ratings will start to fall.
    Peas still 9
    canola 8 a good rain would help take to 10
    wheat 9
    durum 9
    oats 9
    barkey 9
    East central Sask.
    1/4 since last week

Comment

Still pathetic, Late (mid june and later) seeded stuff is the only good crop out there, soil is saturated still, and with the inch we got sunday, we do not need rain until sometime in 2008. I'm serious! Canola not cabbaging, just bolting at 4 leaf stage with dime sized leaves(O2 defficiency), winter wheat is sad, cereals are yellowing and late, and so overall, I'd rate the crop as a 3 or four, maybe. 1 inch and the creeks ran, again.

Comment

On the west edge of the red river valley
        oats some lodging-10
        barley 20% lodged-8-9.5
        canola full flower for 10 days now-10
        wheat standing excellent-10,
        wheat headed for 50 plus
        oats 100 plus
        barley 90 plus
        canola an easy 35 plus
        3.2" last nite
        all cereals recieved 1/2 strength tilt at spraying time and full strength tilt a while back

Comment

Eastern Central Alberta;

Turning dry... June 29 last rain.

Many people cancelling fungicide spraying.

Good crops... a week of 32C would stress things without a good 1/2" to carry us.

Edmonton has had good rain last weekend... just about perfect!

Comment

3 tenths of rain yesterday
            Peas still 9
            Red Lentils 8 prices at 20c FOB, AOG
            Invigor Canola 5 anybody else having problems with their Invigors
            CSO Canola 8 looking good
            CPS wheat 8
            durum 7 later seeded
            oats 8 thinking about Tilt or bumper I would be the only guy in the area to spray oats but how else does southern Toba get 200bpa
            barkey 7
            Mid western Sask.

Comment

Central Alberta. Center of monsoon country. While everyone else can have changing ratings week by week in our area the damage is done and mother nature can't repair that. On some of the best land 10 to 20 % unseeded, 10 % drownout, 20 % moisture stressed. On higher ground decent crop but with no root system and not sure how far down the nitrogen is. Hoping crops can handle this better than it looks. Expecting 2/3 's normal on most crops.

Comment

SW MB

1.5 - 2 inches of rain Monday night.

RR Canola, because of emergence issues in the high trash areas would say an 8.5-9 today, three weeks ago would have said a 5. Alot of emergence issues in the area.

Falcon WinterWheat 8-8.5
                would have said 10, ten days ago but wild oats showed themselves right after applying folicur. Never even considered wild oats in wwheat, but there they are, hopefully they appear worse than they really are.

Metcalf Barley 10, no fungicide

Glenn wheat 10, no fungicide, supposed to be resistant to leaf rust and stem rust, and good resistance to fusarium.

Comment

Hi Everyone:

Crop touring in Alberta this week - lots of moisture in the Edmonton area and more rains the last couple of nights. A friend told me it is dry to the east and needs a rain. Might come tonight. Overall the crops here look pretty good.

Joe

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...