• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New CWB Organic Programs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure I understand your logic Burbert? Are you saying that:

Farmer with a financial interest in his grain having a relationship with a grain buyer = bad thing.
    But,
    CWB agent with no financial interest in the farmers grain having relationship with a grain buyer = good thing?!?!

Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

Comment

oops, sorry I posted this in the wrong thread.

Comment

Burbert said “The price has been going up/retreating etc., cause of the cornfusion that exists in the market at the moment. Nobody, but nobody knows, what is going on….”

I can buy that the price would drop below a market price because of the confusion in the market caused by uncertainty. But wouldn't the rise compared to feed wheat be best explained by the removal of the one buyer malt market. What else changed that would explain otherwise?

Comment

Burbent

Yes. Less barley was grown in western Canada. Aussie had drought. Production problems in the Ukraine. Problems Europe. The driver for barley right now is middle east demand that is struggling to get covered in the short term.

The original question was about the $50 mln. As representative of the CWB, where did this number come? Is the CWB looking after farmers who will sell malt barley's interest or those of the malster?

I would encourage to read this years annual CWB producer. Your neighbors are not happy campers with the CWB. The link is below (sorry I can't make a hot link but not that techie).

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/newsroom/releases/pdf/prod_surveymay2006.pdf

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...